Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd egg and wife ¿?

MrCookingNurse
MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
All right guys! I need to pull out all the stops. I have found me a second egg I wanna jump on. It's a used small loaded with all accessories. Good deal I think.

How do you get your wife on board when your first egg is barely 3 months old!?!?!?

XLBGE 

Comments

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited June 2012
    Ask for a motorcycle\sports boat\sports car\trip to Brazil with the boys first, 

After that she should be happy getting you an egg. 

:)>-
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Tell her you want an AR-15 or some other type of expensive gun....

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    I'd try the country music song from Brad Paisley "Well I'm gonna miss her when I get home".  Fire up the new addition with a cold beverage cause you will be cooking for your self a bunch...it's worth a try.  I found a deal just like your deal 2 weeks ago and missed it by 3 hours.....now "i miss it when I get home".

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• tactical_66
    tactical_66 Posts: 207
    It is easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Just go buy it. That usually works.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited June 2012
    Tell her you bought HER a small Egg, so you can cook together. :-)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    It is easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.
    +1
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    If she's not on board with the program nothing is going to work-back to the forgiveness vs permission deal.  Good luck-time heals all wounds:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Tell her you bought HER a small Egg, so you can cook together. :-)

This is prolly my favorite. Lol.

Hopefully it's still available and I can get to it! I'm going with the hey look a good deal and then when I bring it home I can say I told you about it.

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    If she's not on board with the program nothing is going to work-back to the forgiveness vs permission deal.  Good luck-time heals all wounds:)
    Ha yea I try to stay away from the forgiveness begging spill. I'm loading her up while I'm at work. This seams like a deal I can't pass up. Ha speicially if I can barter him down a little to make it a steal!

XLBGE 
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Ask for a motorcycle\sports boat\sports car\trip to Brazil with the boys first, 

After that she should be happy getting you an egg. 

:)>-
    Taz obviously took negotiation skills 101.  Always start with a demand that's nearly outrageous but not so bad that it makes your opponent walk away.  Then, as the negotiation goes on and you get down to your realistic demand, it doesn't seem unreasonable.  

Taz should be a lawyer!
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • Kristinnn
    Kristinnn Posts: 133
    i dont know.. im currently trying to talk my HUSBAND into a second egg!
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576

Kristinnn, I like it! 

Yes, asking for more upfront is referred to as "door-in-the-face" strategy, which is generally more effective than "foot-in-the-door."

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322

And just where does "foot-in-the-mouth" fit in:)  As I seem to be a master at that tired and ineffective approach :)>-

@ Kristinnn-in my world there would be no debate-SWMBO rules!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    @ MrCookingNurse

2nd egg and wife?  Only advise is to keep the two wives as far away from eachother as possible and neither one will mind that you've got 2 eggs.

;)
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • MrCookingNurse
    I literally just cracked up and All my coworkers are looking at me like I'm nuts
    @ MrCookingNurse

2nd egg and wife?  Only advise is to keep the two wives as far away from eachother as possible and neither one will mind that you've got 2 eggs.

;)

XLBGE 
  • tazcrash
    edited June 2012
    @newegg13: it's been said here before so I'm no innovator.
    Btw depending on the wife you might say you found a great deal on his&hers MMA lessons cause you want to do more together. When she doesn't want that, then you can egg together for quality time.
    ;)
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • mrdnks
    mrdnks Posts: 67
    Do you go camping or tailgate?
    You need a smaller version to take with you!
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576

@BRush00, I was just thinking the same thing! lol 

@louishubcap, I too use that strategy too much

• Outcast
    Outcast Posts: 112
    Tell her you want an AR-15 or some other type of expensive gun....
    Lol, my wife would tell me to get a third egg LOOONG before another weapon.  She thinks I can only shoot one at a time so any more are excessive
    .   Maybe someone on here can help me out with this word she keeps using, "need".  I'm stumped.   She says things like , "you don't "need" another rifle, pistol, egg, rub,knife, etc..."

• pasoegg
    when there are two of anything....one is always training the other....simple eh...

Winston-Salem, NC

• MrCookingNurse
    Update:

So far so good! She isn't crazy about it but is far more for it than ANOTHER A-15. I came at it with that angle and seems to have worked. Now just have to hope its still for sale Saturday when I can go pick it up guy can't hold it and I understand totally.

400$ for a loaded small with nest that has has two cooks? Good deal? Its 6 months old. Looks amazing in pics.

She did give me the " there's a lot I could do with 400$ than buy a second egg"

:) and yes I'd love to take it camping and tailgating :)

XLBGE 
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Where do ou guys typically find these deals? My wife has green lighted other size eggs but I havent found any opportunities outside of just heading to the dealer for new.

Also don't know what size to consider. I have a large, but I'm thinking I would be better with an XL and a small or medium which leaves me with 3 unless I go through the hassle of selling my large.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • MrCookingNurse
    @cssmd27

Im a Craigslist addict. I check a couple items on there every couple days while I'm on the throne. Only catch is when u find a deal you have to jump right then cause they don't last. This is definetly a want not a need so if it's gone before I get there oh well.

XLBGE 
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    make sure you cook some nice side dish on the small while doing the main dish on the other egg, very different temperatures too if you need to make a point. Then present the food together and explain how much more you can do now. 

I used the method above and I now have 4 eggs and still have a wife
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited June 2012
    I'm lucky. I took all of my Eggs out of tables, and put them into nests, retaining one table as a work surface. After rearranging everything on the deck, the first words out of my other half's mouth were "Wow, look at all of this extra space! You could fit another Egg or two over there!"

We're now looking for another small or medium, to add to the collection...  :D
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    I'd sit it next to the other egg, put a diaper on it, and wake her up by screaming "baby the egg we bought was pregnant!!!"  and just sell that as hard as you can :)
  • pasoegg

and I thought I was creative....geez!! 

Winston-Salem, NC

• Kristinnn
    Kristinnn Posts: 133
    I'd sit it next to the other egg, put a diaper on it, and wake her up by screaming "baby the egg we bought was pregnant!!!"  and just sell that as hard as you can :)
    funny!!!
  • tazcrash

=))
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!!