Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fell Into The Meatloaf

TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

After seeing all these meatloaf cooks on here I decided to take a whack at it.

Did Ground, Veal, and Pork  three slices bread, 1 Egg, 1/2 Cup Milk, Cheese, Mushrooms and seasoning. 225 Indirect till I got it up to 175.

I wanted mashed potatoes so I cut up new potatoes and wrpped them in foil with alot of garlic. Pulled them off and threw them in mixer with cheese and sour cream.

Brussel Sprouts for my veggie (For some reason I cant get enough of them). I just wrapped them in foil with EVOO and a little Magic Dust.

Great Meal the only draw back was its 102 out and I can only associate this meal for the winter.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

m.JPG 289.6K
m1.JPG 245.7K
m2.JPG 347.2K
m3.JPG 342.6K
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,820
    Nice meal.  Think about a COLD meatloaf sammie tomorrow and the heat will go away!
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Nice meal.  Think about a COLD meatloaf sammie tomorrow and the heat will go away!
    Already informed my wife thats whats for dinner. She didnt like that answer.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,794
    The leftover sammie is the best part.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    +1, Love the left over sammies. The potatoes look good too. Will have to try that.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776

Awesome job! Can't beat meatloaf on the Egg.

My wife said it was too hot to cook outside last night, so I cooked inside and destroyed her kitchen. Pots and pans and cutting boards and knives all over the place. Hey, at our house, the cook doesn't do dishes. =))

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Had leftover meatloaf last night, was better than the day I cooked it.  Hot or cold it's a great break from the usual usual.  Stay cool, cook at night....?

·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 241
    we had meat loaf last night....only problems is that we seem to not be able to have leftovers....bummer!!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,947
    Would love to try meatloaf. Anyone got any special recipe I should try?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Just had me the sammie and it was worth the wait.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·