Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

gettin nervous

Options
g-o
g-o Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Part way thru my first pulled pork attempt. Put it on about 8:15 this morning, temp hanging around 150. Dome temp 250 now. Better go get a cold one & try to relax.
Gord

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    g-o,
    Waiting is the hardest part.
    What is the meat temperature at and what time do plan on eating?[p]Have a beer and Relax,
    RhumAndJerk

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    g-o,
    When you said grab "One" -- a case? Great pulled pork can take time. As you'll soon discover, each butt seems to have a mind of its own. some seem to cook much more quickly than others.[p]Good luck & keep us posted on your results![p]B~F

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    g-o,
    The stubborn butts I did last week took forever. Wrapped in foil at 165 and kicked up temp to 300. It was finished in less than 2 hours from that point, and nobody knew the difference. I always prefer to wait it out without the foil, but sometimes that thing called DINNERTIME gets in the way.[p]If you want to eat tonight, you might start working your way up to 275 now. And realize you always have the foil weapon to push it along.[p]Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    g-o,[p]Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?[p]hehehe[p]Troy
  • WallyQ
    WallyQ Posts: 10
    Options
    g-o,[p]You'll find that the learning curve is pretty quick. Hang in there, the Egg can do wonders. [p]