Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NY Style Pizza Recipe.

Options
MikeP624
MikeP624 Posts: 292
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

Used the link below to make some pizza this weekend.  Sorry no pictures, but the guest were hungry and there was no time.  Everything turned out great.  Crust and sauce were both really good.  The only modfication i made was to split the dough up into two smaller batches.  It helped the food processor out a bit.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/10/the-pizza-lab-how-to-make-great-new-york-style-pizza.html?ref=title

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Interesting read. Thanks for sharing. So did you opt to use the food processor to mix the dough?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• MikeP624
    Options
    Used the food processor because i do not have a big stand mixer.  It worked great, but i had to split the dough into two batches.  My food processor did not handle the full recipe well as the dough ball was just to big, so it did not knead the dough and it was not stretchy enough.  So i scrapped the first batch and did two small batches.  I thought the dough turned out great.  The sauce was also great and very simple.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Think I'll try it this week. Been wanting to try out a new dough recipe.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• MikeP624
    Options
    Seemed pretty true to the NY style pizza i have had.  But being from chicago finding a try NY style pizza to compare it too can be difficult.