Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wet Ribs

Options
Max
Max Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey - Can anyone recommend a good recipe / method for cooking some great wet ribs? I'm wanting some ribs that have the suace basted on them for quite some time, not just the last 20 minutes, but am unsure on how best to approach this. I'm going to do one wet and one dry slab this weekend. [p]I just ordered Dizzy Pig's Dust, Cowlick, and Raging River. They arrived today and I've got the box open on my desk at work. Chris included a few samples of some other rubs and they smell so I can't stand it. I'm counting the minutes until I can fire up the Egg and sear some steaks covered in one of these rubs.

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Max,
    I'd reccomend you use the cowlick for your first mind dizzying steak experience.

• Max
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Will do. I'm cooking 4 steaks, so I'm thinking of trying something different on each (of course, I'll have to sample all the steaks to determine which is the 'best'!)
  • Swinging Steak
    Options
    Max,
    Take your favorite steak and put a generous dusting of Cow Lick on one side and Dizzy Dust on the other....can't be beat. As for the ribs, there are others here far above me to guide you to the promise land. I'm still finding my way. You will love Dizzy Pig.[p]Steak

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    Max, I'm not a fan of 'wet' ribs, but will point you in the right direction. Are you familar with the 3-1-1 method of doing ribs? It is three hours at a constant temp (you will get many variations here, 220°, 230°, 240°, etc), I like around 240-250°, myself. After three hours you foil them and cook for another hour, take out of the foil and finish for another hour. OK, for your WET ribs, after the three hours, foil and add your BBQ sauce, cook for another 1.5 hours and you are there. Maybe a few minutes out of the foil to brown and firm up.

• Max
    Options
    Rumrunner,[p]That sounds great! I have heard the 3/1/1 method is the way to go, will definitely give that a try. Thanks!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Max,
    sauce on that long will no longer be wet. Just use thelast 20 min.

• Unknown
    Options
    You can make a vinegar sauce and baste the whole time they are out of foil, but it won't make them any "wetter" in the end.