Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pulled Pork - currently sitting at stall

BRush00
BRush00 Posts: 367
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone,

Working my first overnight cook (ha - seems like great minds think alike this weekend....).  Just wanted to check in, the pork went on around 8:00 last night, looking for late lunch/early dinner tonight (guests should be arriving at 2:00pm mountain time).

Just a couple thoughts I wanted to share....
  • Had the WORST night's sleep I've had in a LONG time.... I think I'm running on around 3 hours, scattered throughout the night. 
  • Had trouble keeping temps stable, I've been chasing temps all night, seen it go from 199 to 270 grid level
  • Pork's been sitting at stall of 172 for around the last 90 minutes
All in all, I have a feeling that Vodka Redbull's are going to be added to the BBQ menu this afternoon ;)
[Insert clever signature line here]

Comments

• BRush00
    Oh - and it was POURING rain on me all night....  Good thing I put the patio umbrella up overtop the egg last night.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Grab a beer and hang out.
  • BRush00
    Grab a beer and hang out.
    Bailey's and Coffee work ok?
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Not so bad. Took me months to be able to get a stable temperature. That had me uncertain enough that my first few overnighters, I'd set a Maverick remote, plus, have a regular alarm wake me every 3 hours to just look at the Maverick. The results were good enough to keep me going.

And you had an umbrella. I had one time with the fire going out, rain, and a flashlight clenched in my teeth while trying to fix things.

Who needs to be Indiana Jones, when you can be an Indiana Egger!