Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Impressed with Thermapen

hoffmand
hoffmand Posts: 105
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
More specifically, their customer service.  I had one of their cheaper pocket thermometers that started acting weird so I called them to see if it was something I could fix.  Their techs were all on the phone so I left a message and they called me back in 15 minutes.  They said they'd just send me a new one since I'd had it less than a year and just toss the old one.  Then I asked about the Thermapen and he offered to credit the price of the warranty replacement towards a Thermapen.  SOLD!

Just used the Thermapen for the first time tonight to cook pork chops and I'm very impressed.  It reacts so fast it's easy to find the coldest part of the meat as you insert the probe.  Very happy with this purchase so far.
Cedar Park, TX

Comments

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    I had a likewise experience. I bought a Thermapen right before a free keychain Thermapen for a certain purchase amount. They sent it separately for free with some more jelly belly jelly beans. I am very impressed.