Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Looking for Dark Rum Drink Recipes

GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a bottle of Meyer's the other day for a food recipe. Now that I have it, looking for some drink ideas. Don't really want to go out and buy a bunch  more liquor to just make a drink or two and then will sit around the house.. Something tropical maybe. With pineapple juice....

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·

Comments

• Load up glass with ice.  Fill half with dark rum other half with ginger beer = dark & stormy
    Lucky to have a LG Egg My Blog: http://manvsgrill.blogspot.com/
    ·
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 292
    You can't go wrong with the Bahama Mama!  2 oz. dark rum, 2 oz. coconut rum, 2 oz. grenadine syrup, 2 oz. pineapple juice, 2 oz. orange juice, and lots of crushed ice.  Be careful though, you think you are drinking kool aid and then after a couple of these it opens up sum whoopass on you!
    ·
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 292
    And don't worry about the liquor sitting around the house, my prediction is you will be going back for more ingredients after you've squeezed the last drops from the bottles.  Garnish with fresh pineapple or an orange slice, or both.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982

Not familiar with ginger beer. Can you recommend a brand or two?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • They've all tasted the same to me.  Pretty much every grocery store carries it in their ethnic food section.
    Lucky to have a LG Egg My Blog: http://manvsgrill.blogspot.com/
    ·
  • kjedkjed Posts: 55
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,303
    rum, pineapple juice, lime juice, grenadine,  i dint need a recipe and know it will be good
    :D
    ·
  • demodemo Posts: 145
    Ice, rum.
    ·
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    Ice, rum.
    I like it...keep it simple!  :-bd
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • Ranger908Ranger908 Posts: 44

demo,

good reciept

much better if you forget the ice

change the Meyer's to Kracken 

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    edited June 2012
    Miss Emily's on Treasure Cay in The Abacaos, Bahamas makes the Goombay Smash:
    One part each:
    Pineapple Rum
    Coconut Rum
    Light Rum
    Dark Rum
    Four parts pineapple juice
    One part orange juice
    Juice of one lime
    Grenadine for color
    A few dashes of bitters
    Pour over ice and garnish with cherries and an orange slice. 

There was a time when it included a raw whipped egg and some CoCo Lopez. There are as many variations on this as there are variants.

Enjoy!
    ·
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 491
    Get some hurricane mix. Pat O'Brien's if you can find it. Mixer aisle in grocery store.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • love me some plantation punch.  had some at mammas beach house in maui a few weeks ago.  roughly: shot of light rum, shot of dark rum, 1 lime's juice, fill glass w/ ice w/ plenty of pineapple juice.  stir and enjoy.  i add splash of grapefruit or orange as well.  the wife says i'm obsessed now.
    ·
  • brentseebrentsee Posts: 99

Meyers ? Dark Rum?    Just add coke - will be good

·
  • centex99centex99 Posts: 231
    coke + lime + dark rum...
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,128
    Cuba Libre
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 365
    Visit Sailor Jerry's site for drink and other recipies. Very good BBQ sauce recipie. Mix dark rum and grapefruit juice, Monkey Wrench.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • jimi1234jimi1234 Posts: 98
    Second the Dark'n'Stormy. Fantastic drink. I'm in Canada so can't give you a ginger beer recommendation but I also just get it any grocery store here.
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Soak pineapple cover in brown sugar and grill... Ice for the leftovers
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Doing this all week in Fl: only use (not from concentrate) small can pineapple and Myers. Also add some coconut milk at times. Will note go back to coke. Hell, this has to be good for you.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·