Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best extender for Large?

FrachlitzFrachlitz Posts: 17
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for an extender and grid for my large egg.
Mostly for butts and ribs.

But... wow there are my options...

What do you recommend?

Frank
Griller from Denmark, Europe (BigGreenEgg Large, Weber Q300, Weber Gold 57cm)

Comments

• GeauxEgginGeauxEggin Posts: 31
    ceramicgrillstore.com 
    Check out the adjustable rig
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    ill second the adjustable rig/spider/stone combo...everything you could need to multi, even tri level cooks. If you've got the platesetter, the BGE extender isn't bad, but I've also heard success with people buying a weber grid and some stainless bolts and washers
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    edited June 2012
    Or a Weber grill with bricks.
    But the adjustable rig does seem the most flexible.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • FrachlitzFrachlitz Posts: 17
    Hmm...

A hard decision.
    I have the BGE platesetter - so go after an original extender?
  • Worth mentioning again. ceramicgrillestore.com
  • FrachlitzFrachlitz Posts: 17
    Have been looking at ceramicgrillestore.com - but must say that i am having a very hard time wrapping my head around what i need there...

My wish: 2 grates for butts, 3 grats for ribs.

But then i need stone?, spider?, rig?, 2 grates?

It's not the simplest web page of all :-)
  • Robert15tRobert15t Posts: 9
    I did the weber gird and stainless bolts.
  • Chris88Chris88 Posts: 41
    ceramicgrillstore.com 
    Check out the adjustable rig

+ 1
    Egg head in Louisiana.
  • demodemo Posts: 145
    I used a weber grid with 4" stainless bolts, fender washers and nuts...total investment about $20.  Works great.
  • newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    Threreare tons of options out there. I was considering the swing rack ceramic setup, but decided on the AR. I just ordered the Adjustable Rig "CustomerCombo" and am pretty excited about it. Unfortunately, it's not compatible with the plate setter that I already have, so I'm going to have to get rid of that.

Happy shopping.
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL