Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Tenderloins

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I found some venison tenderloins in the freezer that I regrettably forgot about.  Seems like a fun thing to do this weekend.  Can any one suggest a recipe and technique for making these great?  I know you have to treat carefully due to how lean they are.  i have an XL and Mini and appreciate any suggestions!
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Options

I have never cooked venison, but you see wild game and cocoa powder used together alot.  Maybe make a spice rub with cocoa powder (unsweetened).

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I use Italian salad dressing for a marinade and wrap in some bacon that has been cooked a minute or so in the micro.  The medallions are then wrapped with the bacon.  careful they will dry out if left alone.