Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Can't give it away!

Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I gave away a box smoker the other day, gone in 5 minutes.  This one has been out there for just about 24 hours and no one has taken it yet. :)
XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
·

Comments

• Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    Why are you trying to give away a perfectly good trash can?
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,868
    Craigslist it, a guy will take it to recycling for you lol
    ·
  • PacuarePacuare Posts: 74
    I sold one just like it on Craigslist for $25. I had lots of people interested it. If you can't give it away for free, you might as well have someone pay you for it.
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    It would always be good to use as a dedicated cold smoker :)
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    I have a few twitter followers that sent me a DM wanting it but I'm kind of anxious to see when it goes on its own now. Maybe a drinking game or something :))
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    edited June 2012
    We have a volunteer fire dept in my town. I gave my old brinkman vertical  to the chief (neighbor )for the guys to use.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,032
    My gasser lasted a few hours by the street before someone janked it.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Howdy_DoodyHowdy_Doody Posts: 146
    Your problem is that you said "FREE".  Put on a sign that says "FOR SALE - $50"..Someone will "steal" it within an hour.   :))
    Houston, Texas http://willsononline.com
    ·
    edited June 2012
    Your problem is that you said "FREE".  Put on a sign that says "FOR SALE - $50"..Someone will "steal" it within an hour.   :))

=))
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    ·
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    That is very true!!!  :))
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·

=)) =)) =)) Funny stuff.  I just checked............she is still sitting there.  My guess is it will be gone by the time I get home from work.  Maybe we should start a poll. :))
    ·
  • BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 513
    I just gave this away as well.  Took about 15 minutes on my local car forum.
    DSC00601.JPG 382.5K
    Edina, MN

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    I just gave this away as well.  Took about 15 minutes on my local car forum.
    Bud, I have that same smoker. Got it before teh Egg. It now lives at the ranch only getting used a few times a year. Someday, I'll get an Egg for the ranch.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    2:18 pm and it's still there............
    ·
  • Howdy_DoodyHowdy_Doody Posts: 146
    Raise the price to $100.
    Houston, Texas http://willsononline.com
    ·
  • FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433

Raise the price to $100.
           This thread just made me actually chuckle 
    ·
    :)) or paint it red and call it a "Super Kamado Joe" and $500 on it?
    ·
  • Canuck_SmokerCanuck_Smoker Posts: 8
    edited June 2012
    I have one of these, use it beside my egg as a planter for herbs and a hot pepper plant.
    LBGE, Napolean 450
    ·
    The #^$%@& thing is still there.....................
    ·
  • The #^$%@& thing is still there.....................

That is awesome. This would be the orphan child on the Big Green Egg TV show thread that Mountaindewbass started a few weeks back

·
    The #^$%@& thing is still there.....................

That is awesome. This would be the orphan child on the Big Green Egg TV show thread that Mountaindewbass started a few weeks back
    I'm going to need to find that thread. Just poured some Crown and firing up the BGE now for some pizza. The smoker will be watching from Afar.....
    ·
  • The #^$%@& thing is still there.....................

I'm going to need to find that thread. Just poured some Crown and firing up the BGE now for some pizza. The smoker will be watching from Afar.....

It got pretty funny. Worth a read for sure

·
    Thanks for the link Tex. Checking it out now. 
    ·
    I remember it now  =)) Good stuff and vey true.
    ·
    I'm watching the smoker walk off as I type this......
    ·
    I'm watching the smoker walk off as I type this......
    Really? How much crown does it take to watch a smoker walk off.

Any watermelons laying around?
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    ·
  • I'm watching the smoker walk off as I type this......

Really? How much crown does it take to watch a smoker walk off.

Any watermelons laying around?
    Holy sh*t. I gotta start drinking crown

=))

Nice Taz!

·
    =)) Hahahahaha a lot evidentially! Funny bastages on here. Wife is happy it's gone. I'm probably next. Time for more Crown.....
    ·
  • =)) Hahahahaha a lot evidentially! Funny bastages on here. Wife is happy it's gone. I'm probably next. Time for more Crown.....

she's just getting you to move the junk before she has "the talk"

·