Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanking EggHeads

Options
ereed
ereed Posts: 2
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

I am trying to find a way to thank EggHeads, who have given me advice regarding me questions.  I would like to do it individually or a blank thank you for the many of folks that have responded.

I cannot  figure it out.

Comments

• joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options

Can we just send you self-addressed stamped envelopes and you can send them back with money?  ;)

Seriously...if you click on a users name there will be a 'Message' link.  That is how you can send someone a private message.

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options

Can we just send you self-addressed stamped envelopes and you can send them back with money?  ;)

Seriously...if you click on a users name there will be a 'Message' link.  That is how you can send someone a private message.

Or just invite them to dinner to show off your new skills
    :D
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I think the best way to thank anybody on this forum is to share your successes (especially with pictures) and pass on the knowledge you have gained. I know I have learned a lot from a lot of people here, to many to name, so I just share what I have learned, what has and has not worked for me and hope that it helps somebody else down the road. But if you want to send money, I can send you my address. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    What Grif said. We all do this because we love it. We all learn as much on here (or more) than we help others so it works out for all of us. We wouldn't be here if we didn't get something out of it as well.

I work for Woodford Reserve :D

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options

+1 with Griffin and Cen-Tex.  The school of hard knocks and all the judgement that comes from experience which comes from poor judgement drives those who comment.

BTW-for Cen-tex-Woodford is out with a new $$ "Double Oaked" bourbon.  Got a bottle as a gift and you can see and taste the difference-seems more smooth to me.  Don't think it's worth the upcharge but really haven't given it a fair go yet.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Options
    Cen-Tex, so does your company tell you to come to this forum?  Let us know if there are any woodford reserve tastings too :) !!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Cen-Tex, so does your company tell you to come to this forum?  Let us know if there are any woodford reserve tastings too :) !!

My company probably wouldn't be thrilled with the amount of time I spend on this forum, but I work at home :). i don't have anything to do with Woodford if that's what you are asking. I'm in the apparel biz

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I think what CT meant was like the signs homeless people hold up "Will work for food", but he'll work for Woodford.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I think what CT meant was like the signs homeless people hold up "Will work for food", but he'll work for Woodford.

Now I get it. That is absolutely what I meant. No association whatsover.

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

I would volunteer - just as a service for my fellow Texans - to be the collection point for any cash gifts you want to send.   Instead of worrying about the individual amounts - just send me as much as you want - I will disburse based on the mustard rule.....

Just Kidding.    I agree with what Griffin and others said.    Personally I have learned so much from this site - and continue to learn.   Post your experiences and Pics.

(I have been remiss lately on posting pics, occupied with another hobby, but working on getting back into the pic swing ).

Cookin in Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

I would volunteer - just as a service for my fellow Texans - to be the collection point for any cash gifts you want to send.   Instead of worrying about the individual amounts - just send me as much as you want - I will disburse based on the mustard rule.....

Just Kidding.    I agree with what Griffin and others said.    Personally I have learned so much from this site - and continue to learn.   Post your experiences and Pics.

(I have been remiss lately on posting pics, occupied with another hobby, but working on getting back into the pic swing ).

Speaking of your other hobby...........did they accept your offer?

• boatbum
    Options

Trial on 17th, Survey 18th, Closed yesterday....  

Cookin in Texas
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Options
    I have learned a lot from these guys too and really appreciate it.

Woodford is some good stuff. I have to go to a wedding up in SW Ohio for my wife's family in July. Since it is near Kentucky I managed to convince her to go check out a couple of distilleries when we go. Woodford Reserve is on the list. I can hardly wait. I told her she can get her sample and I will taste hers too. Ha.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Trial on 17th, Survey 18th, Closed yesterday....  

sweet! Welcome to the club

• boatbum
    Options

Thanks

Now I gotta sell the old one.

Cookin in Texas