Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

granite size for XL

texas_archertexas_archer Posts: 56
edited 6:44PM in EGG Table Forum
Ive got a table being delivered tomorrow so I need to go pick up a piece of granite to set the XL on. What size Granite do you guys recommend?

Comments

• This is my table and XL BGE :-)
  • lilwootylilwooty Posts: 214
    As heavy as the XL is I was worried about weight distribution, getting it level etc.  Afraid of it cracking later on down the road.  A 20" X 20"  will just barely work.  Some edges will not be supported by the stone.  My XL bottom diameter is 19 1/2".  I decided to go with a 24" X 24".

Living Large and XL

• 24" x 24" is the way to go, though I use 1-1/2" thick concrete pavers rather than granite.
    http://choiceofga.com 1000+ Tables & Counting… Direct From Fayetteville, GA "It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools."