Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All egged short ribs?

Options
tazcrash
tazcrash Posts: 1,852
edited May 2012 in Beef
OK, the mistakenly misinterpreted my request for beef ribs for beef short ribs.  Now we've braised beef short ribs before in the pressure cooker with red wine, various aromatics, etc... 
I found a bunch of posts here mentioning sous-vide, or Searing, and braising, but if I wanted to fully egg them should i just slow cook them like ribs or a brisket? 
Rub, marinade? I'm thinking an Asian inspired with soy, sesame oil ginger, green onion, etc... (pseudo Kalbi since the cut is wrong)
Or is this just 1 cut of meat that ends up better braised, and slow cooked, or pressure cooked? 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
All to get cheaper brisket! 

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

taz,

Yes just like spares. It's kind of neat to cut the meat along the bone on the thin end and they will go lollipop

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• tazcrash
    edited May 2012
    Options

Yes just like spares. It's kind of neat to cut the meat along the bone on the thin end and they will go lollipop

Ok, so cut the meat, unroll to lollipop (Mmmmm Marrow-pops), and then cook at low & slow until tender?  
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Update?  Was thinking of doing the same and want to know how yours turned out.  Thanks.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tazcrash
    Options
    Sorry the update was that i got home, and the Mrs had them in the pressure cooker with Guinness.
    Very tasty!
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!!