Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Possible Apps and Sides

Options
Mthomp13
Mthomp13 Posts: 24
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
We are having a party at the house on Saturday evening and need some ideas for apps and side I could do. I am going to do a pork butt for the meal. I have never done any of the apps before because I have only been egging for a few months. If you give me some ideas I will search through the frorum on how to cook each off them. This forum has been a big help so far.

Thanks

Matt

Comments

• tactical_66
    tactical_66 Posts: 207
    Options
    Dinosaur Beans and Japaleno poppers kwrapped in bacon
  • Mthomp13
    Options
    Thanks! I was going to try to do jalapeño poppers. I might just try the beans to. I looked them up and they look really good.
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    Moink balls, Brie?
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Definitely consider the ABT's (jalapeno poppers) and MOINK.

Fatty's are always good as are armadillo eggs. 

Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Elde
    Elde Posts: 148
    Options
    Some nice NC style slaw, potato salad is of course a classic BBQ side as is some form of baked bean.
  • Mthomp13
    Options
    Some nice NC style slaw, potato salad is of course a classic BBQ side as is some form of baked bean.
    I think one of our friends is bringing potato salad and slaw. I am in charge with the BBQ and apps. I have done bbq a few times in my sort egging time. I have just never done any kinds of apps or side on the egg and wanted to get some ideas.
    Thanks I will let you know what I do.

• Mthomp13
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Definitely consider the ABT's (jalapeno poppers) and MOINK.

Fatty's are always good as are armadillo eggs. 

I am going to do ABT's that is a given, because everyone on the forum talks about them. My wife found something on Amadillo Eggs and I might do a combination of that and ABT's.
    Thanks again.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Turtle Eggs, similar to Armadillo Eggs. Nibble Me This turned me on to them and they are th bomb. MOINK balls, ABTS and fatties are always a hit. Charbroiled oysters are good too.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    chilli rollenos, shrimp lejon, pissaladiere
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • cajunrph
    cajunrph Posts: 162
    Options
    To late but I did ABT's with cream cheese and boudin. Crumbled the boudin to one pack of cream cheese, stuffed into half jalapeño papers, rapped with one half slice of thickish bacon, grilled on a raided grill at 375 for 40 minutes. Some got "well done" so next time it will be at 325 or indirect, or both. 
    LBGE, Weber Grills, Silverback Pellet grill, PBC. No I don't have a grill issue. 

LBC, Texas