Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill extender for large big green egg

Options
SheaPressley
SheaPressley Posts: 7
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
What are the best grill extenders? Is there anyway you can smoke a brisket on main grate with a pork butt on grill extender or is large egg not tall enough?

Comments

• MikeG
    MikeG Posts: 174
    Options
    I use the one made by Grill Dome bought on Amazon.  Very heavy duty with enamel finish and tall enough for a butt to fit under.
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Options
    Best would probably be from Ceramic Grill Store. They have a wide variety of eggsessories to allow multiple tier cooking. I have the adjustable rig. It was expensive but they have alternatives as well. Others on the forum have the swing away grid from ceramic grill works. Also expensive but well received.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    i use an adjustable rig from the ceramic grill store now, but wit some extra grids and some creativity you can get more than you would think in a large

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Ceramic grill store products are top notch. Highly recommend. I have a woo extender. They are quiting making them tho

XLBGE 
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Ceramic grill store products are top notch. Highly recommend. I have a woo extender. They are quiting making them tho
    Thanks for the kind words.....Last extender shipped out yesterday....not sure if we can keep them cost effective but we're trying....stay tuned.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    +1 with fishlessman for the initial raised grid and indirect set-up.  Bricks and a couple of extra (webers work) grates and you can load the LBGE right up.  Once you sort out the ways you most use the BGE then if you want you can upgrade to the after-market accessories.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • schwaggy
    schwaggy Posts: 17
    Options
    Tom, please let us know if you start making the Woo Extender again. I'm sad I missed out on getting one before you sold out / stopped manufacturing them.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Summit sitting lonely in the corner...