Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

3d tv

mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,752
edited June 2012 in Forum List
So i know this forum is based around the egg. But people who use an egg to cook with have there heads screwed on tight.. So when i have a non cooking question i turn to you.

Im looking at buying a 55" 240hz lg passive 3d tv. Ive checked them out in person at best buy. But you cant see the quality from an actual 3d movie... You just get to watch some clips from a harddrive that they hook them up to.

So is it worth it. We have a 54" and a 42" plasma but the wife and i want the 3d effect at home
·

Comments

• Rick1Rick1 Posts: 77
    We have a Samsung 60 inch LED 3D and have never watched a 3D movie. Spent a few minutes with the 3D glasses and a 3D channel from Directv. Got a headache, put the glasses in a drawer.

We didn't pick the TV because of the 3D, it is just a great HDTV and the price at Costco was excellent.
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,460
    We have the Samsung 65 inch led 3 D and never watch the 3D. Can't relax with the glasses on.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,752
    Exactly. Were the same as well. Hence why were are going for the passive 3d.  The tv does all the work and you dont see any flicker from the glasses(which gives us headaches) The only brands that do passive(same type as movie theater technology) is Toshiba, LG, and Vizio
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,705
    My bedroom tv is one of the higher rated passive lg 3dtv's, can't say I've used it more than a 20 mins from previewing shows after a full year. I think its gimmick so don't spend too much. We use it as a regular tv and are more than happy since we didn't pay a premium for the 3d part. It was fairly priced on a sale.
    Then again we are not the biggest movie watchers either so movie watchers may get more from the tv.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,752
    Yeah. Its sounding like i should just wait.. We currently have two well working tvs. Thanks for the help guys
    ·