Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Car Wash Mikes Ribs

Options
TUTTLE871
TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

(Next week my buddy challenged me to a throwdown on ribs. He has one of those somkers you plug in and close the door and forget about it (Smokin Tex).

So I decided to do Car Wash Mikes with Bodacious sauce (great place BBQ in Texas). And the others I did 2-2-1 with Salt Lick sauce.

Both were excellent I thought the 2-2-1 would be fall off and Mikes would be more competition style. But both were non fall off the bone style that I was looking for I guess when you take the foil off and re apply the egg and sauce them they stay together.

I think im going with MIkes ribs for the cook against my buddy and then after I kick his ass im going to send him off and buy and egg.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Options
    Watch out on the judging.  Many "normal" people I know like baby backs that are fall-off-the-bone with little to no smoke and tons of sauce.  But stick to your guns and I hope you win comrade.
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Options
    Smokers shouldn't have plugs. That's about all I have to say about it. Good luck and may the egg prevail.
  • TUTTLE871
    Options
    Watch out on the judging.  Many "normal" people I know like baby backs that are fall-off-the-bone with little to no smoke and tons of sauce.  But stick to your guns and I hope you win comrade.
    We have some friends coming over and wont tell them who's is who's. But I think I have choose a few that know what they are looking for in a rib.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Mike did babybacks and you don't say what yours were. If they were spares he would have gone a couple of hours longer

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    I cook to my families likes and dislikes.  I know all about the various judges and a rib should have texture, should chew like a steak (and others) and that is the way I like ribs.

I have a son and daughter-in-law who love to talk about and eat "falling of the bone ribs".  When they are coming, I make sure one and a half racks of ribs are foiled and falling off the bone.  Judge's would not be impressed, but the boy thinks they are the best in the world.
  • TUTTLE871
    Options
    Mike did babybacks and you don't say what yours were. If they were spares he would have gone a couple of hours longer
    Babybacks.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.