Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dallas BGE Dealers

Options
JWBurns
JWBurns Posts: 344
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hey ya'll!

Wannabe egg head here in the market for an XL BGE. I'm live in McKinney, just north of Big D.

I've found quite a few dealers in the Dallas area, but I'm looking for those who have the best package deal, as well as great customer service to boot.

So if any fellow eggers have any leads on a smoking (pun intended) deal, I'd love to hear about it.

Comments

• friscoag
    friscoag Posts: 97
    Options
    Firehouse in Allen at 75 and McDermott.  I called lots of places and at the time it was by far the cheapest and GREAT GUYS. 
  • friscoag
    friscoag Posts: 97
    Options
    Oh and some things to watch out for....Some might have a little cheaper price but then charge a good bit to put it together and some even require you pay for it to get put together.  Just make sure you ask about what all you get with the package when you call around, but I am sure Firehouse will be the cheapest or close to the cheapest.
  • JWBurns
    Options
    Great, thanks friscoag for the heads up
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Jacksons over by Love Field has packages deals as well. And they are already assembled.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Wreckt01
    Wreckt01 Posts: 28
    Options
    Firehouse is the place to go. Owner is a good guy, prices always right
  • Smokin_Good
    Options
    I bought my XL from Natural Selections in Carrollton. At the time they were the cheapest I could find. I got the XL from them cheaper then I could find the large from all the other dealers in the area. I didn't go with a package deal. I got just the egg from them because I didn't need a nest wich was included in every package deal I could find. I built a table for mine. I also can't comment on customer service after the sale. I buy everything else I need from dealers closer to my house.
    XL BGE, Medium BGE, 36" Blackstone, UDS, Red Weber Kettle & LSG Large IVS
    Keller, TX
  • JWBurns
    Options
    Thanks for all the input guys, I'm headed to the gym then off to Firehouse in Allen to browse. 

Maybe he will have some 4th of July specials 
    :D
  • JamRWS6
    JamRWS6 Posts: 9
    Options
    Surprised no one has mentioned Elliot's in Plano.  I live in McKinney also and got a Large a year ago.  They were easily the cheapest assembled to my door.
  • BigTex33
    BigTex33 Posts: 40
    Options
    It's a little farther from McKinney, but Foreman's General Store in Colleyville is family owned and they do a great job taking care of their customers.  Mr. Foreman will work deals out with you and give big package discounts.  Worth the 30 minute drive from McKinney in my opinion.  They also have some great "nests" that are made for their customers (all metal with a bottom shelf).
  • hogsfan
    hogsfan Posts: 128
    Options
    Alec (who is probably the guy from Elliot's most people have dealt with in the past) is now at Gold Metal Pools in Frisco. He gave me a great deal on my egg a few weeks ago and is just an all around great guy. I highly recommend talking to him before you buy. My experience has been that he's always had the best deals available and I shop pretty hard before I buy something. Customer service has been great as well.
  • JWBurns
    Options
    Update

Went to three different dealers. Firehouse in Allen, Elliot's in Plano, and finally Gold Medal Pools in Frisco.

Gold Medal had the best price.

XL Green Egg
    XL Nest
    XL Mates
    XL Plate Setter
    20lb BGE Charcoal
    Fire Starters
    Grill Gripper (The nice heavy duty one)
    Ash Tool

Assembled and all for $1299.

Thanks for all the help. I'll be a new egg owner soon. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

I was gonna mention Gold Medal Pools, but I forgot the name and then ADD kicked in and I forgot to post. Alec is the man. Oh...and they are having some sort of cooking demonstration there this weekend that would probably be interesting to check out. Unfortunately, I can't make it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings