Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table problems from biggreeneggtables.com

Comments

• BeauPNS
    BeauPNS Posts: 15
    Does anyone know anything current with Brian? I placed my order on May8th was also told a few weeks. I have tried several calls to no avail. 
  • ShaneF
    ShaneF Posts: 26

What a coward. Sure, there was no way he could expect the flood of orders he received, but instead of having the courtesy to call his customers and notify them, he keeps the money, shuts his phone/computer off and hides.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• BeauPNS
    Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat as some of the others. I ordered a custom table from Brian, based on some of the pics on this site. My table should have been delivered by now but it hasn't and I can't reach Brian. 

The lack of communication is leaving me feeling scammed, which is a sickening feeling considering the price paid for the table. 

Also, not having a table throughout the BBQ season is really draining the enthusiasm I had for cooking on my new egg. It's currently sitting on a paver on the patio as the status of my $1000 table is still unknown.

The fishy thing to me is that, as someone else had mentioned, communication was great until payment was submitted. 
    My table was ordered and payed on May 8th, I had great communication with Brian until after four weeks expired I called to get an update and then no contact. My main criteria was I need it no later then July 3rd.
  • BeauPNS
    No it is not standard.  The reason I thought it was ok to pay full amount upfront was all the positive reviews here. 
    I felt the same way. And he was very prompt about answering my questions, I even offered him advise on making his web site more user friendly.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    I got my custom made cypress table from a guy off Craigslist here in Atl, stained and delivered for $300 C.O.D. Very happy w/ my purchase.
    The saddest part to me is that I'm 40 days into egging and I still have no table and now, no prospects for a table either.
  • 3MBBQ
    3MBBQ Posts: 26
    End of a saga: the money from my PayPal purchase was credited back to my banking account today!  Thanks to THIS forum, it became obvious that I was not going to be getting my table in any sort of timely manner. This prompted me to move ahead with pursuing a refund (via PayPal). thankfully, the PayPal process worked!
  • steeevin
    steeevin Posts: 23
    Glad to hear it worked out for you 3MBBQ. I am still waiting for my refund - 8 days left for Brian to respond but I doubt that will happen.

Here's something else to add to the story. His domain name/web site name is no longer registered. If you try going to biggreeneggtables.com, you'll get a GoDaddy notice that the name has expired or pending deletion.

Very, very suspicious. I hope everyone who has been scammed by Brian gets his/her money back quickly.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat as some of the others. I ordered a custom table from Brian, based on some of the pics on this site. My table should have been delivered by now but it hasn't and I can't reach Brian. 

The lack of communication is leaving me feeling scammed, which is a sickening feeling considering the price paid for the table. 

Also, not having a table throughout the BBQ season is really draining the enthusiasm I had for cooking on my new egg. It's currently sitting on a paver on the patio as the status of my $1000 table is still unknown.

The fishy thing to me is that, as someone else had mentioned, communication was great until payment was submitted. 
    My table was ordered and payed on May 8th, I had great communication with Brian until after four weeks expired I called to get an update and then no contact. My main criteria was I need it no later then July 3rd.
    I might be able to get you a table ny July 3rd. Where do you live?
  • BeauPNS
    Unfortunalety, I have filed a dispute with Brian at Paypal. Brian texted me back on thursday that he would contact me about the table on friday but that has come to pass. I am not sure what will happen since my debit was directly through my bank. I am still hopeful that the table is in progress but with his website now being unavailable I have to cover my A#@ and see what Paypal will do. It's a shame I was really looking forward to my new table especially for the 4th of July Holiday Cook Out.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    While I would never spend this amount on a table, I've been following this thread with interest..

Seems Brian is totally overwhelmed with orders.  Rather than throw him completely under the bus, maybe the "able to spend $750+ on a table" crowd could give him a break and INSTEAD throw him some "what can we do to make this happen" BBQ love at him?  I mean, seriously - it's like the guy took your daughter out for a date around here...

Aaaand no - I can't afford a table for my Egg.  I build my own.  
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Pretty hard to throw BBQ love at someone that will not communicate...
  • BeauPNS
    While I would never spend this amount on a table, I've been following this thread with interest..

Seems Brian is totally overwhelmed with orders.  Rather than throw him completely under the bus, maybe the "able to spend $750+ on a table" crowd could give him a break and INSTEAD throw him some "what can we do to make this happen" BBQ love at him?  I mean, seriously - it's like the guy took your daughter out for a date around here...

I have tried for two weeks to try to resolve this with compassion for something unfortunate that has happened to him. BUT when someone chooses to not communicate with you that leaves only one alternative especially when there is a deadline that is approaching.
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607

what is your suggestion considering he doesnt communicate to the buyer?
  • 3MBBQ
    3MBBQ Posts: 26
    Prior to posting ANYTHING on this forum i made multiple efforts to engage Brian - calls, emails, etc. (call it "BBQ love" if you want). He did not respond to even one of my attempts after i let him know that I needed a clear idea about when I'd receive my table. After initiating my PayPal dispute, I again, reached out and let him know that I was hopeful we could resolve this situation. He, again, did not respond - and this seems to have been true for most others who have attempted communication.
    To my knowledge, Brian has not offered ANY reasonable explanation for the delays and lack of communication. He has done nothing to reassure his 'customers' that they are not being 'scammed'. If anything, his silence and lack of communication (and now the lack of website) only serves to reinforce the idea that doing business with him is not a good idea. While there has been speculation of his being 'overwhelmed' with orders, we are all outsiders - looking in - trying to figure out where our money went and why none of us received tables.
    I don't know Brian and am not throwing him 'under the bus'.  The hassle I (and others) have experienced with this has been difficult - spending a lot of money on a table was not an easy decision. Spending a lot of money and NOT getting a table and being back to 'square one' in mid-June is an even bigger hassle.  My reason for posting MY experience here is so others can choose whether they want to order a table from him AND do so will full information about the most recent experience we have had with this process.
  • steeevin
    steeevin Posts: 23
    Well said 3MBBQ.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Just to keep the conspiracy theories alive, I'm wondering if among other things, his domain disappeared due to action by BGE.  I know that the gentleman running the Ceramic Grill Store had to change his name and so forth because BGE didn't want him using their name.  I'm surprised that Brian could get away with www.biggreeneggtables.com.
    The Naked Whiz
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    looks like his domain is expired and he did not renew yet

Domain Name: BIGGREENEGGTABLES.COM
    Created on: 13-Jun-09
    Expires on: 13-Jun-12
  • Tspud1

What happens on a date around there? How can he be overwhelmed if he is not making them? I say again, how hard is it to cut some boards and drill some holes once the first was done? Just makes some patterns or jigs and cut several tables at one time, then drill. Then ship. Ought to be able to due several a day.
  • The Naked Whiz

What happens on a date around there? How can he be overwhelmed if he is not making them? I say again, how hard is it to cut some boards and drill some holes once the first was done? Just makes some patterns or jigs and cut several tables at one time, then drill. Then ship. Ought to be able to due several a day.
    I would disagree on how simple and quick you think it would be to pump out tables (depends on a whole lot of things), but on the other hand, even if he only made 2-3 a week, surely we'd have heard of someone getting a table by now.  He may have just given up and assumed that everyone will dispute their payments and get their money back, and as long as he doesn't ever try to go into business again with a BGE product, this will all must be a bad memory for him.  Crazy.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • Tspud1

I guess each person has different ideas on how these are made. I can get several stainless tables a day and I think these have more work involved than a wooden table. Just my opinion.
  • Pretty hard to throw BBQ love at someone that will not communicate...
    agreed. Time for love is over. time to get your money back and move on.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    So out of curiousity i went to his site wanted to see the tables he makes and all the hype about them and this is why i got
    This domain name expired on 06/13/2012 and is pending renewal or deletion.

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Just to keep the conspiracy theories alive, I'm wondering if among other things, his domain disappeared due to action by BGE.  I know that the gentleman running the Ceramic Grill Store had to change his name and so forth because BGE didn't want him using their name.  I'm surprised that Brian could get away with www.biggreeneggtables.com.
    That's an interesting take.  I'm sure they don't want an unofficial use of their name.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Just to keep the conspiracy theories alive, I'm wondering if among other things, his domain disappeared due to action by BGE.  I know that the gentleman running the Ceramic Grill Store had to change his name and so forth because BGE didn't want him using their name.  I'm surprised that Brian could get away with www.biggreeneggtables.com.
    That's an interesting take.  I'm sure they don't want an unofficial use of their name.
    Very likely. I work for a large national brand and we shut people down all the time (even our own customers). You can't let other people hijack your brand or trademarks. We dont allow people to use our name under any circumstance, but this is the worst case scenario.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Naked Whiz
    Tspud, how many people does he have working for him?  Is he able to use mass production methods?  Maybe he is making these (or not) himself in his spare time.  Yeah, if he has a woodworking production facility, he could make hundreds a day.  I haven't really paid enough attention to know if he ever explained his set up.  I know I couldn't make several a day.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Tspud, how many people does he have working for him?  Is he able to use mass production methods?  Maybe he is making these (or not) himself in his spare time.  Yeah, if he has a woodworking production facility, he could make hundreds a day.  I haven't really paid enough attention to know if he ever explained his set up.  I know I couldn't make several a day.
    Are you going to be taking orders soon??? :D
  • BeauPNS
    Prior to posting ANYTHING on this forum i made multiple efforts to engage Brian - calls, emails, etc. (call it "BBQ love" if you want). He did not respond to even one of my attempts after i let him know that I needed a clear idea about when I'd receive my table. After initiating my PayPal dispute, I again, reached out and let him know that I was hopeful we could resolve this situation. He, again, did not respond - and this seems to have been true for most others who have attempted communication.
    To my knowledge, Brian has not offered ANY reasonable explanation for the delays and lack of communication. He has done nothing to reassure his 'customers' that they are not being 'scammed'. If anything, his silence and lack of communication (and now the lack of website) only serves to reinforce the idea that doing business with him is not a good idea. While there has been speculation of his being 'overwhelmed' with orders, we are all outsiders - looking in - trying to figure out where our money went and why none of us received tables.
    I don't know Brian and am not throwing him 'under the bus'.  The hassle I (and others) have experienced with this has been difficult - spending a lot of money on a table was not an easy decision. Spending a lot of money and NOT getting a table and being back to 'square one' in mid-June is an even bigger hassle.  My reason for posting MY experience here is so others can choose whether they want to order a table from him AND do so will full information about the most recent experience we have had with this process.
    Perfectly stated!
  • The Naked Whiz
    Are you going to be taking orders soon??? :D
    There's a comedian in every crowd.... :D
    The Naked Whiz
  • Tspud1
    I don't have any idea how many people he has working for him but I think the number isn't much higher than one. Otherwise there would be phone calls answered and emails responded to. I have never had any contact with him or his business. Most people here must be wondering how you put the time and effort into a website and building tables that people liked and then don't have a plan to make more when you get the business.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    it doesn't take a lot to keep one guy busy.  i'm betting he was caught off guard by the number of orders.  there should never be an automatic ordering system if it is just one guy banging it out, and especially with custom options.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante