Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

New Egger Here

HumphrisHumphris Posts: 12
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well it took almost 2 years from the first time I had some pulled pork on one, but I convinced my wife to purchase me an LBGE for Fathers Day and Our 12 year anniversary just a couple weeks ago.

I have now cooked on it every weekend and can tell you I am hooked, I am going to be selling my stainless grill and purchasing a SBGE as well now so I can do appetizers and such at the same time. I came to that conclusion yesterday when cooking dogs, chicken sausage, hamburgers, and Bacon wrapped scallops after I completed some roasted corn.  Everything tastes awesome but I would have liked the bacon to be more done and just couldn't do it with the multiple temp needs for all of it.

Now my next project is going to be a table for both.  Thinking of soapstone for the top and either cypress or cedar for the base, stained with a grayish tone.  I will have to post progress pics as well.

Comments