Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wifes Birthday Steak And Lobster

Options
TUTTLE871
TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

Wifes Birthday Weekend so as being unemployed still I told her I would cook whatever she likes. So she wanted Fillet and Lobster. Got a good deal on cooked lobster and th fillets were a pretty good buy also.

I did some mushrooms on the side, stuffed them with minced garlic, little smokies, cheese, and hot sauce. They were pretty interesting. I took the steaks and coated them down in butter and then some cracked pepper and sea salt.

My wife loves medium rare so I got the egg up to 700, got my spider and dropped a grate low on the flame and threw them on for 2 minutes each side. Came out with a great sear on both sides and very juicy and rare on the inside.

All I did with the lobsters was cut them open drenched them in butter and threw them on to reheat them.

Had a Bottle of Nickel&Nickel Cab to go with the meal. I got out pretty cheap on this one

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments