Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wicked Good = Big Lump

Rick1Rick1 Posts: 77
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
First cook with WG tonight. That's some big lump charcoal. It lights super easy and burns very hot.

·

Comments

• tjp1060tjp1060 Posts: 55
    I just finished up my first bag of WG. I think I might make it my Go-To lump. I like it alot better that RO mostly because of the large pieces. I have actually had to break some pieces in half in order to make them more managable.
    ·
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    Wow. Wife just brought me home 2 bags of it. Can't wait to try it. Have 3 racks baby back rib on now but with BGE brand.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
    ·
  • I was impressed with the latest bag of BGE charcoal that I cracked last night, I think someone must have lost a few shingles :)

·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Nearest WG to me is 45 miles, but after hearing so many good comments I may have to make the drive.
    ·
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    If an ACE Hardware is closer. You can order online and free ship to nearest ACE to pickup.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
    ·
  • Rick1Rick1 Posts: 77
    I cooked on it again tonight and am really liking it. It was $23.99 from my BGE dealer for 22 lb bag though.
    ·
  • gte1gte1 Posts: 376
    Ace has it for 19.95, as stated they will order if they don't stock it. I ordered 5 bags and they gave me 10 percent off. Some chunks are so big you got to break them down. Burns long, consistently and almost no ash.

George
    George
    ·