Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Used small egg

pasoegg
pasoegg Posts: 447
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

Saw a posting on craigslist for a 2 year old small egg with nest and daisy wheel in excellent condition for $285.  Figured he would go $250 if you had cash.  Ideas's if this would be a "good buy" or opt for a new with warranty.  No extra's with egg other than what I have listed.  Has no cover but looks good in picture.....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

Comments

• Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 382
    I would definitely jump on it!!
  • 10Driver
    10Driver Posts: 88

Today on my local CL there's a large for $300.  So take that for what it's worth.

I'd buy it, but since my first BGE is only 1 month old my wife isn't convinced I need another one, no matter how cheap.

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited June 2012
    With the nest? I'd be all over it!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • pasoegg

yes...with the nest....i think i am going over to take a look at it....hopefully just minor surface rust since it has had no cover on it....but looked good in the pic that was posted....only thing better than 1 egg is 2 eggs

Winston-Salem, NC

•  

yes...with the nest....i think i am going over to take a look at it....hopefully just minor surface rust since it has had no cover on it....but looked good in the pic that was posted....only thing better than 1 egg is 2 eggs

Mine has been uncovered outside for 8 years in some of the harshest weather anywhere. It's totally fine

Don't know what could rust other than the daisy but that's easy to fix
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • pasoegg
    thanks CEN-TEX...now i really want to make a deal on this egg...excitement building...will let everyone know what i find....reminds me of X-mas when i was young....

Winston-Salem, NC

• thanks CEN-TEX...now i really want to make a deal on this egg...excitement building...will let everyone know what i find....reminds me of X-mas when i was young....

4 years in WI winters and 4 years in TX in the baking heat. Still looks awesome (my table is a wreck though) :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321

I'd buy it, but since my first BGE is only 1 month old my wife isn't convinced I need another one, no matter how cheap.

This too shall pass if you keep the cooks coming.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys