Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2" center cut pork chops

fairchase
fairchase Posts: 312
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
 Just picked up some for fathers day.
 Lets hear it .  Whats the best way for these ?

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Rub with salt lick rub (for spicy) or Pineapple Head (for sweet) and sear at very high heat. Take off and let egg cool to about 400 and do a raised direct to 140 internal. Baste with Bone Sucking Sauce a few min before you take off. I've made about 15 of those suckers in the last two weeks. They are as good as it gets. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • fairchase
    Did you sear them down low on your spider?
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Kinda, I place a grid directly on the hot coals and sear on that. Do it just enough to form a crust.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Brine them for a few hours and do them like Travis....T-Rex method basically. Good eats right there!
  • fairchase
     I just put these bad boys in a brine concatenation of 1 qt. H20, 1 qt. Dole orange-pinapple-apple juice , 1/2 C salt , 1/4 C maple syrup , dash of onion powder , and a dash of garlic powder.

I'm thinking of applying raging river after the sear.

What do you think?

How long will these take at 350-400 after a 1 minute sear on each side ?
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Raging River on pork is the bomb...

10-15 minutes.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660

10-15 minutes.
    Raging river is the bomb on everything... I'm literally addicted (I think I'm repeating myself from earlier this week)  :)

Have you ever tried jamaican firewalk?

10-15 minutes.
    Raging river is the bomb on everything... I'm literally addicted (I think I'm repeating myself from earlier this week)  :)

Have you ever tried jamaican firewalk?

No I haven't can you describe it ?