Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

eggin in the rain sucks!

KristinnnKristinnn Posts: 133
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
So i made a special trip to whole foods to get some chicken wings for tonight. i start the egg up..its almost to temp.. and here comes the rain.. but i was like hey those guys on the forum say they egg in the rain all the time..no biggie..hard soft hard soft the rain comes down but the doppler says itll be gone in no time.. NOT!..  

so at first i left it alone and the temp kept dropping.. i was also worried about my cast iron rusting.. then i push it under the pergola to help a little with the rain.. got it up to temp.. put the chicken in and after a while its just billowing smoke which im assuming is from the rain + chicken fat who knows.  i was afraid it would ruin my chicken so i took it off.

is this how you guys cook in the rain with tons of smoke pouring out of it???  any tips? 

Comments