Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st BBQ Competition

Options
Big Green Eggs & Huffman
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I had my first BBQ Competition last weekend.  It wasn't like the kind of Competition on BBQ Pitmasters.  It was called a Pig-Out.  Instead of 5 or 6 judges tasting your food there were 135 people.  The place that has this competition sells food Tickets for $11 a piece.  You cook 3 things; Baby Back Ribs, Chicken Wings, and a Side Dish.  Each person with a food Ticket gets 1 rib, 1 chicken wing, and 1- 4oz serving of side dish from each BBQ team.  The Ribs and Wings you had to buy from the organizer to insure a level playing field when it comes to the Meat.  I ended up cooking 12 slabs of ribs, 140 chicken wings and a huge roaster full of Brisket Ranch Beans.

There were 5 BBQ Teams, 3 of which had huge smokers, 1 had couple of weber charcoal grills, and me with my L and XL BGE's.  I ended up taking 2nd in Ribs, 2nd in Side Dish, and 3rd in Chicken Wings.  Total Prize Money Won:  $200

Comments