Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Rutland Gasket

• ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,800
    That would be the missing info. Thanks!!
    Everyone's is going to come out a little different in length depending on how much they stretch the Rutland vs. bunching it back against itself.  But better to have it a little long and cut it off than to come up short and have two seams.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Ok, making cuts, filling envelopes to send out tomorrow... send me a request if you want it to go out tomorrow...
    What's the price??
  • centex99centex99 Posts: 231
    50c per foot and $3 shipping
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    How much wil an XL take? I am interested.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

jason, I believe 8' (94"?) but I'd have to think 9' would be plenty to be safe...
  • divr71divr71 Posts: 45
    Centax I will order 8' from you, tell me how to pay you. Also, I will send you address to mail it to. thanks!
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,076
    Got my gaskets in the mail. Thanks for passing on the savings from your bulk order. Any tips for installing? I have hi temp silicone. How bunched up do I want to make the gasket? As wide as the surface?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• crmiltcrmilt Posts: 108

Mark the gasket in fourths with a black marker.  For example if you ordered 8 feet, mark it every 2 feet.  Next mark the edge of the BGE in fourths.  Now when you apply the gasket bunch it so that 1/4 of the gasket is used on 1/4 of the rim of the Egg.  By the time you get to the third and fourth fourths you will have the hang of it.

__________ Chris
    Sold out of gasket.  Thanks.