Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New wok help please asap

cul-de-sac-ercul-de-sac-er Posts: 178
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Wok just showed up
You guys got me this far
Here are the ingredients
Baby corn
Water chestnuts
Bamboo shoots
Red bell pepper
Will you please give me order of ingredients and timing please
Everything is marinating in soy ginger lime sauce
I promise pics
Thanks a bunch

• Also what kind of oil
  • Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186

I will try to help.But first you are a candidate for the books:The Breath of A Wok.& The Foods Of Vietnam.

You may be able to check them out at the library.But are good to own.

I would heat  the wok until a drop of water vaporizes immediately add 1 tbls peanut or grapeseed some onions and garlic and ginger for about a minute,Add the bamboo shoots baby corn and chesnuts and cook about 2 more minutes.Remove to a bowl. Add 1 tbls peanut, or grapeseed oil add shrooms,bell pepper, and broccoli. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.Add the shrimp and ingredients in the bowl and stirfry  until shrimp are cooked about 1-2 minutes .I usually work from a recipe.It helps to have all your ingredients ready and also make up a cheat sheet that lists the order the food goes in and for how long.

Never add too much meat of vegies at one time.otherwise you will lower the wok temp and you will be steaming or sauteing in stead of stirfrying.Hope this gets you in the ball park.Stir fried rice is a good one to try.But check out those books.Very good!

Shrimp fried rice

veggies and pork

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,565
    Not being snarky, bu is your wok clean and seasoned?

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• Thanks bud, we will give it a shot.
  • Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186

Good Point... If not, you need to clean it and season it before cooking.I just took that for granted.

If you want info on how to do that go and great store for accessories

It should look something like this.

• We are seasoning it now. And we like snarky. Nice wok doc.
  • Doc
    First season done, can't figure out how to attach a photo with my iPad can you help?
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Photobucket app....upload photo to photobucket> copy HTML code and paste that where you type the comments and your photo should show up once you post will look like the code before you it "post comment".
  • Ok stir fry turned out best ever thanks to all photos to follow after I download photo bucket
    Tonight is t-Rex ny strips
    Montreal ok to use as a rub?
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 7,632
    Montreal okay only if you live north of the border :)>-  And there are many who reside here that do, so you may just be able to pull it off:)  But Quebec vs the remainder-no clue.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,876
    Montreal is good but I suggest to add it after the high temp sear - burnt pepper = no good

Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage. •Niccolo Machiavelli
    I use Montreal steak and chicken rubs.