Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ideas for quick egg cooks?

JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I always find myself trying to think of things to cook on short notice that I can just pick up from Publix on the way home from work and cook in under an hour.

What are your favorites?
LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47

Comments

• We've been on a kiolbasa and sausage w/ peppers kick lately
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Do you have a wok? Stir fry is super fast if you can get it prepared the night before.
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    Sausage/peppers sounds good.

I use the wok, it's great. It's a lot of prep but definitely worth it.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • spotco2spotco2 Posts: 61
    Umami Burgers

Pork Chops

Drunken Chickens

All can be done in about an hour or so.
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,626
    We do burgers or grilled chicken breasts on short notice. Both excellent with very little prep time.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,861
    Center cut pork loin. Rub with salt lick and brush bone sucking sauce. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • GarlicGarlic Posts: 40
    Shrimp can also be done rather quickly, we use a perforated basket to cook them in. Only takes a couple of minutes using a spider to get close to the lump. Seasoned with Montreal Chicken and canola oil. Served on a bed of brown rice.