Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie here, where is the best place to order accessories online?

JwgreDeux
JwgreDeux Posts: 139
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Is there anywhere that has the best prices or carries unique products.  My local authorized dealer doesn't carry much and I don't want to wait on their shipping times.  Also any accessories that are must haves?

Comments

• yellowdogbbq
    yellowdogbbq Posts: 389
    What did you get with your egg?  The Ceramic Grill Store is a good place to shop but I would recommend using your egg for a while then deciding which items you want. 
  • JwgreDeux
    JwgreDeux Posts: 139
    That was my thought as well.  I only got a half moon raised grill with drip pan.  I have some various stones that we use in the kitchen.  I have already decided to get the plate setter, but wanted some opinion on cast iron pieces, pizza stones, and other multi tier stuff.
  • How important is a grill lifter? Can't I just wait till its not hot to handle it?
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    I use my ash tool to lift my grid, which gives it purpose because I don't use it for ash.
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Check out the swing grate at www.ceramicgrillworks.com - my favorite accessory thus far.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    One thing not to overlook, is non-Egg specific accessories can be had much cheaper at retail stores.  I've bought stuff at Ace Hardware for a fraction of what they cost from Egg dealers for the same item. 

Restaurant supply places have useful items, that may not be polished and shiny, but are practical and sturdy.

Somewhere in between are places like Sur la Table, and William Sonoma.

That said, I've bought great stuff from the Ceramic Grill Store.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    What did you get with your egg?  The Ceramic Grill Store is a good place to shop but I would recommend using your egg for a while then deciding which items you want. 
    Good advice to work with the BGE before you spend the big $$ that this site is famous for.  About the only thing I think you need right out of the gate is a way to do indirect cooks.  Depending on what you have, that may be a non-issue. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.