Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Grill Extender with PSWoo3

Duke_staDuke_sta Posts: 25
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Where can I buy a grill extender? Will it work with a PSWoo3?

• GeauxEgginGeauxEggin Posts: 31
    I was able to get an extender in the last batch that ceramic grill store had.  But when i thought I couldn't I looked at using stainless carriage bolts with nuts and washers on a 16.5" grid.  i think a 4 or 5 inch bolt dropped through the grill with a washer and nut underneath, and a second nut on the bottom with just a little bolt sticking out to fit into the stock BGE grid would be a cheap easy extender.
  • Duke_staDuke_sta Posts: 25
    Any pictures of this? Thanks for your reply
    edited June 2012

Here is a very quick and somewhat pitiful MSPaint sketch of what I had in mind.  With 3 or 4 of these around the edge of the 16.5" grill you would have a grill extender that could be as tall or short as you'd like
    So should this be a permanent setup or could it be removed or setup again easily?

Fantastic, excellent job. Thanks for replying!
  • DOCEDDOCED Posts: 69

The diagram says it all. I made one with a grate I bought at Lowes and SS bolts etc., worked so well I made another set for a different height.Use a large retaining washer for the "feet" and it is stable and works great! Easy to remove and replace.

Thanks, I get it now. It sits on top of the BGE grill and with 3 bolts (legs) it should stand properly and when you want to remove it just pick it up. I thought it went under the grill bolted in. Is this correct?

Thanks for chiming in!
    Thats correct duke_sta.  It just rests on the BGE Grid, Just leave a little of the bolt sticking out the bottom so that it goes between the bars on the BGE grid so that it won't slip around.
  • otterotter Posts: 231
    Do you use a plate setter for indirect? I have seen that some people use bricks instead. Do you tinfoil plate setter so no grease builds up or drip pan etc....?
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
    edited June 2012
    I use a plate setter in my PsWoo2 legs up for low and slows, usually with a drip pan.  I use the plate setter for Chicken wings and don't use a drip pan.  Anything that falls on to the plate setter will either be burnt off next time I cook a pizza, or I'll go legs down and do a clean burn.