Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide Learning

Options
GlennM
GlennM Posts: 1,365
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
OK, all the talk on here about sous vide and I was forced to purchase a "Demi". This is an exciting learning process for me. So far I have done a dry aged strip loin, 2" pork chop, potatoes and carrots. I currently have some riblet's on the egg that spent 7 hours in the bath at 160 (I noticed a bit of air developed in the bag?). I took them out of the tub, sauced them and have them on the egg at 300 with a couple of cherry chucks. Should be good, I will see soon

I have a 2 pound prime rib steak in the fridge that is sealed with salt, pepper, garlic an fresh rosemary. I plan on putting it in the Demi at 132 tomorrow for a couple of hours. I also have 2 x 1 pound flank steaks sealed and spiced to join the prime rib for a bath. They are for the weekend so I plan on pulling them when done and putting them in ice water for a bit. All the cow meat will be grilled at high temp on the egg.

OK, now that you have my plan, anyone have any suggestions for time, temp, etc? I want to find the perfect balance of "sous vide" and egg!

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments