Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Granulated or minced garlic

cul-de-sac-ercul-de-sac-er Posts: 157
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok t-Rex for fathers dat am I better off with granulatednor minced garlic - I'm using sea salt and fresh ground black pepper as well?
·

Comments

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Always go fresh minced

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Save it for after the sear....eiiter will burn.
    ·
  • Got it and it makes sense.....thank you
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    as a seasoning, i think the granulated makes more sense.  the minced stuff in a jar can be horrible to begin with, and it won't cook, it'll burn.  the granulated will burn too, as was mentioned.  but you can sprinkle it on after searing.  i only sear with salt.  everything else burns.

i think fresh minced garlic would be very strong in any mount, and should be cooked somehow.  not sure how you'd use that, honestly, on a steak
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    in a nice compound butter slavered over the top after the cook.
    ·
  • GeauxEgginGeauxEggin Posts: 31
    in a nice compound butter slavered over the top after the cook.
    If you have to season your steak with anything other than fresh cracked pepper and sea/kosher salt, a dab seasoned butter right as it comes off the grill seems to be the way to go.  
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,315
    Pat steak dry. Course Kosher salt. Start the egg. When coals red hot wipe off salt pat dry. Then lightly season with favorite salt. Toss on fire. Sear to crust turn and complete to desired IT. If not big fan of salt dont do second application. I not a big fan of salty taste so i only do one side.
    Compound herbed butter while resting ...winner too
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·