Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bought My Wife a Traeger

jasonarmstrjasonarmstr Posts: 5
edited June 2012 in Off Topic
This is probably slanderous, but I bought my wife a Traeger Junior.  She loves it.   It's a good chick smoker.  :)
Traeger.jpg 400.1K
·

Comments

• Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    edited June 2012
    Blasphemy
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
    ·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 260

Must not like your wife----

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,987
    My buddy just won a Traeger in a raffle. He hasn't cooked on it yet tho. They are selling them at my Costco.
    ·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    They are very easy to use, but you will find the food a bit dryer than when from the egg. Save chicken for the egg. Really gets dry on the Traeger. Sausage are great. So is prime rib.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    Yup there was a dood at costco advertising them. Talked to him for a few minutes.. He bashed the egg like no tomorrow
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    It's all fun and games till the power goes out. Then you realize all you had was a stove eye! ;)) They are good for people like my wife's aunt, who just wants to hit the switch and walk away.
    ·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    It's all fun and games till the power goes out. Then you realize all you had was a stove eye! ;)) They are good for people like my wife's aunt, who just wants to hit the switch and walk away.
    Yep. It's definitely a limited use appliance. I got the Traeger before the egg. ( There's a joke in there somewhere... ) I would never have gotten a Traeger if I had purchased an egg first. BUT, since I have both, the Traeger can be handy as a side appliance.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    BGE OR DIE! b-(
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • Janssen14Janssen14 Posts: 50
    It's great till the pellet auger jams and rusts out In a year..
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

A buddy of mine has one of those and wants to compete against me in a throwdown. I told him to bring the contraption over because the Egg is a permanent fixture at my house and doesnt travel.

I told him we can cook whatever he likes and bring our friends over for them to judge.

I cant wait for the day.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022

Must not like your wife----

LMAO
    ·
  • hogsfanhogsfan Posts: 128
    Congratulations!
    ·
  • EggdamEggdam Posts: 217
    My brother has one. Makes really good food but takes the fun out of it. Also you will pay way more for pellets then you do for lump. I considered one before my egg but your SOL if like steak or any other high heat direct. My brothers is 2 years and body is so rusty that they are sending him a new one on warranty.
    ·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 109
    You bought your wife a tre...tre....tre....tre.....oh hell...a storage bin?
    ·
  • brentseebrentsee Posts: 99

Should of went with a $100.00 gasser.  I don't think Traegers get hot enough for what you would want to cook on it.  (My thoughts).  all the low and slow, and high temp cooks I would think you would do on the egg...... So, what's left?    Warm up leftovers? 

I still have a gasser in case my wife wants to cook, but,,, she doesn't get the chance, - I'm always cooking on the egg.

·