Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Throwing up leftovers...

MrCookingNurse
MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Yea pretty much what the title says. Did ribs and wings Saturday. Was amazing had some buddies over everyone loved them no troubles.

Well, heated up leftovers last night still amazing. But woke up last night at 2 am an emptied out urgently.

My question is.... Is there a specific way I should put up leftovers? These layer out about two hours while we all ate then in a Tupperware and into the fridge. Got out and microwaved them.

Anyone else had this happen?

Or should I blame it on my lousy grilled chicken patty from work cafe I had for lunch.

XLBGE 

Comments

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    I'd blame the work cafe.
    Edina, MN

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

WORK Make works everyone lose there lunch at one point of there life.

Unless your the A-Team or something cool like that.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    I'd blame the work cafe.
    +1
  • rickHP
    rickHP Posts: 49

Laying out two hours if the day was hot is not a good thing. But I always thought the rule of thumb was about 12 hours for stuff to work it's way through, which would point to the patty being the culprit.

Also depends on how hot you nuked the leftovers.

• MrCookingNurse
    @rickHP
    Thy layed out inside on kitchen table. Nuked hot enough I had to wait for cool down to eat.

I'm blame it on nasty lunch formed patty then.

Thanks guys!

XLBGE 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Yea pretty much what the title says. Did ribs and wings Saturday. Was amazing had some buddies over everyone loved them no troubles. Well, heated up leftovers last night still amazing. But woke up last night at 2 am an emptied out urgently. My question is.... Is there a specific way I should put up leftovers? These layer out about two hours while we all ate then in a Tupperware and into the fridge. Got out and microwaved them. Anyone else had this happen? Or should I blame it on my lousy grilled chicken patty from work cafe I had for lunch.
    You the only one sick? Food poisoning is usually 12 hours or longer to work through. Least my nurse wife says that

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    There's another nasty, bacillus cereus, that erupts pretty quick, and goes away quick. Its associated, as the name indicates, with grains. My and my wife's dose came from poorly re-heated ravioli. Broaden out your suspicion circle. The source might have been something with dough/bread or even a bowl of re-heated rice.
  • Little Steven
    True dat! Coulda been the lettuce on the chicken burger too

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MrCookingNurse
    Yea I was only one sick. 5 people ate my ribs. And timing puts it on lunch *-:)

XLBGE 
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    Nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night gargling groceries...

Living Large and XL

• Little Steven
    I just saw wings. Even less likely with pork. I might be all wet in my thinking but using I rub on anything has some curing effect given the sodium content of most. People have been eating salt preserved meats forever and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me that something that is well pasteurised by heat and salt could go bad in a few hours

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    my ham is hanging three feet away from me.  room temp for a year or so.  i hope it is still good.
    seems soft still.  might give it another year to firm up
    :))
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    work chicken for sure.  we refuse to eat the chicken entrees on nocs because of this.  seems like that's all they make for us.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lemonade
    lemonade Posts: 93
    Nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night gargling groceries...

Gargling Groceries!!  lmao.  Never heard that one before.

For leftovers  making you sick  (thought here it was the patty) , it's the condiments and produce that can get you too.

Is it done yet? Is it done yet?
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    What?? Never heard of gargling groceries?  How about driving the porcelain bus?  Taking a technicolor yawn?

Living Large and XL

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Lab rat hat on. MrCN, what caused your nocturnal gargling could be due to many little bugs. The onset 4-6 hrs after injestion could suggest a staph toxin. It is the most common type of food poisoning (dirty hands, shredded cheese that sits out for several hours, mishandled processed foods that defrost and then refrozen another....could go on an on). After 24 hrs, except for muscle pain, you are back to normal.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    I always liked....Praying to the porcelain god.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket!