Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Best wishes for Travis's Family

MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

Best wishes for Travis today as could have that NEW "BLUE" MINI delivered by his lovely wife today.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,672
    :ar!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,847
    Fingers crossed you for, Mrs. Travis, and the new soon to be blue-mini Travis.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372

Can't wait to see pics of the new blue mini. Just thinking about it makes me miss my grand babies.. Have a blue and a pink.

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,737
    As a father of two I give people the best advice given to me, regarding parenting, listen to people's advice and do what you want. When my son was born I swear suddenly everyone thought they were ask Judy and I was asking, but I wasn't. Have fun, it goes by fast as advertised. My son is now 3 years old and I can remember watching him get cleaned up after c section like it was yesterday.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,714
    Eager to see the new addition Travis.  Expect many positive thoughts sent your way bruh.
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,677
    Biggest game changer in your life-here's to everyone's health. 
    Louisville
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646

Hoping everything goes well. Can't wait to see pics.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Thoughts are with ya today Travis....
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • NightwingXPNightwingXP Posts: 436
    Best wishes Travis! My daughter is 4 and the time does fly! Afterwards you will not remember what life was like without them! Congrats and positive Ju Ju sent your way!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 557

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family!  I'm sure everything will go great!

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,238
    Good luck.  Prayers for a safe delivery and healthy mini.  Waiting for pictures.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 386

The best feeling you will ever get is when you first hold a newborn.  Brings a new meaning to life!  And definitely makes your outlook change.........good luck

Chrispy

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 359

Prayers and best wishes for a happy and healthy new arrivial... and hopes that you and mama Egg are okay as well!

I wasn't an Egger when our daughter was born; but she would have been one of the Egg salt shakers. Elise was 1lb-9oz and 12" long when she arrived (14 weeks early). Maybe the size of a really good steak LOL... Now, almost 9 years later, I just wonder sometimes where did my little girl go :)

Only advice I can say... take pictures, when you think you've taken enough, take a few more. Remember, get yourself in there as well, not just from behind the camera.

Best wishes!

H

+1 on the pictures. My progeny are 20 and 28, and we love looking back.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,112
    Both my girls moved out last month.  Here's a warning Travis, enjoy 'em  while you have 'em.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,267
    Got five between three and twenty three, they're great at every age. Best wishes to you and the Mrs.!!
    ·
  • PorkrindPorkrind Posts: 14
    Life changer Travis. I've got 2 and can't imagine life without them. Keep us posted!
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 988
    My wife says "The first 40 years are the hardest!"  Enjoy while they are little!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • BigSteveBigSteve Posts: 52
    Having just gone through the same thing last year, I can't tell you how much better my life is now.  Enjoy every minute Brother.  Let me know anytime you head back home. 
    ·
  • burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Travis, you and Mrs Trav arein for a huge life change.  I raised 3, then had 5 grandchildren and now 2 great grandchildren.  Love my babies, you will too.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,672
    All is well. Grant was born on fathers day. Mom had 36 hrs of labor with no epidural. In over 3 years time in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan, I've never seen such pain and suffering. My wife is truly a champion. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,488
    Great news. Congrats and best wishes.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    All the very best my friend.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

.Congrats Travis.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,649
    Congrats Travis! I think your wife deserves some bling for that effort! :)
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • Howdy_DoodyHowdy_Doody Posts: 146
    Congrats, Papa.  Pam and I are so happy for you and Tanya.  Pam was overwhelmed with your pride and empathy for the work of childbirth. Pam wants to know what Grant's Apgar scores were.
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 988

Congrats!!  Now you need to teach Grant how to clean out the egg!!!  Very happy that your wife and son are doing well.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
    Best Fathers day present you'll ever get! Congrats, glad everyone is doing well. Before you know it you'll be teaching how to ride his bike. Time moves way too fast!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,013
    Best thing that will ever happen to you. Congrats, Travis. My twins are 2 and amaze me every day with how they change.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • spotco2spotco2 Posts: 61
    Congrats Travis!

Can not think of a better Fathers Day gift.
    ·
  • Congrats Travis. So happy for you and what a great day to bring a child into the world

·