Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Temperature controll device

Options
brewcityegger
brewcityegger Posts: 94
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am looking to get a temperature control device for father's day. I am just looking for one that does just the dome temp, but I want to be able to had a second fan to it for a second egg eventually. Wondering if anyone has any experience with these, thanks.

Comments

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    ROCKS BBQ 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    I find just setting the vents to be a great temperature controller. They come with the egg...
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    brewcity, there are only two controllers I am aware of that control more than one pit, the Stoker Wifi and the CyberQ II from BBQ Guru.  Both units, of course have more stuff inside like food monitoring and connectivity to the internet.  You may wish to compare the price of two PartyQ's, two Auber Instruments controllers or two iQue 110 controllers vs. the cost of a Stoker with 2 blowers or a CyberQ with two blowers.  Don't forget to add in the price of two adapters and two pit probes also.  Here is a link to my Product Review web page -->  Product Reviews  The temperature controllers are all near the top of the page.  I hope to publish a review of the Stoker Wifi in the next week also.  You might see if you can find one of the original non-wireless Stokers which are no longer available from the maker.  A used original Stoker might not cost too much.  Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz