Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Any Eggheads in the Edmonton,Canada area?

Canadian EggCanadian Egg Posts: 19
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
looking for a better supplier of lump coal.  I feel like I'm getting burned at bbq country and not very happy with the quality. Have had some pretty strong fuel smells from some of them.

Comments

• Northern1Northern1 Posts: 19
    I'm from Edmonton. Try Canadian tire Royal oak $12.97 for 8 kg.Also Walmart is pretty good , try the natures own natural green bag not so strong.
  • looking for a better supplier of lump coal.  I feel like I'm getting burned at bbq country and not very happy with the quality. Have had some pretty strong fuel smells from some of them.
    I'm from Edmonton. Try Canadian tire Royal oak $12.97 for 8 kg.Also Walmart is pretty good , try the natures own natural green bag not so strong.
    Thanks for the reply. Never seen the natures own. Will check it out.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Doug in Eggmonton is a superb egger and cook. I'll set you up with his e-mail if you want

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doug in Eggmonton is a superb egger and cook. I'll set you up with his e-mail if you want
    I want.
    I'll do that tomorrow. I have a way of getting some reasonably priced lump out there too. I'll get with you about that later on eh.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I'll do that tomorrow. I have a way of getting some reasonably priced lump out there too. I'll get with you about that later on eh.
    Little Steven, looking forward to hearing about the lump and the Egger named Doug. I have had my Egg for a couple of years now and it burns about 3 days a week. I go thru lot's of lump.
  • Northern1Northern1 Posts: 19
    Little Steven , please expand on the lump too for me. I'm burning 2 to 3 days a week always looking for lump at reasonable prices.
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 405
    I amin Ontario and have been using Natures Own for a while. It's very good, pick it up at Costco
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Glenn,

Last I heard they were paying really heavy prices out there. Basques is great stuff

Steve 

Caledon, ON