Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stir fry homerun

Options
Brownie
Brownie Posts: 1,023
edited June 2012 in Seafood
My second time with the wok went great. We really enjoyed this recipe. Thank the lord my wife won't ask for chinese take out. (not so good in my town)
Here's a link to the recipe
Next time I will let the sauce thicken much more than I did because adding the cabbage and peas added a lot more liquid to it.
The shrimp seemed to cook before they touched the wok, and the tasted wonderful being fried with minced garlic, ginger root, and crushed red pepper.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Nice cook!  Next time try cooking the main ingredients in batches and removing to another area, then make the sauce and add everything back into the wok.  your liquid problems will no be.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    I have tended to make mine too juicy.  My brother gave me a lesson last time I was over at his house, on how a little less is better.

The bottom line is how did it taste.  We're not in a judged competition (at least not most of us) with our cooks.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys