Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My wife just made me a happy man

Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just got permission to purchase a second egg!!!!!!   I will probobly build the table myself and wait until next summer to make the purchase.   Now I need to decide what size to get.     I already have an XL so I am thinking medium or large
Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352

I was expecting something different

B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 109
    Get your ass in the car and pick it up NOW. don't forget it's a woman's prerogative to change their minds! Congrats
    ·
  • FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
    Awesome!  My fiance agrees we could use a second, but we have other priorities to take care of first before we make the purchase.

Buy it now!
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,647
    Wow-you got more than you bargained for with that brisket flat.  Lucky man :)>-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • I was expecting something different

B-)

Me too.

·
  • Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    edited June 2012

rontho,  I am the more frugal of the two as far asfinances go so she will not change her mind of the second.    Right now I just don't want to put that big of a dent into our savings so I will save up for it or wait for my end of year bonus check.

lou,   yes it was the brisket that did it.   What I grade as Ok she thought was fantastic but I am usually my toughest critic.    

·

B-)

Me too.
    Yeah but you have a dirty mind

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243

"Yeah but you have a dirty mind"

So do I that I why I thought the name of my topic would peak some interest

·
    Cen Tex is a pig. Get the large and get it yesterday

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I was expecting something different

B-)

Me too.
    Yeah but you have a dirty mind

Correct, fine sir

·
  • Cen Tex is a pig. Get the large and get it yesterday
    Correct again.

(And get the large).

Of course all this is easy for LS to say with 8 eggs at his disposal.

Deep Pockets indeed!

·
    Tis a three beer story mi Amigo. Hope to tell ya someday

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,446
    I have an XL and Large.  A very nice combination, but given that you can do just partial loads in the XL, and if price is not a factor, I would get another XL.  I would not get smaller than a Large for the single complement to your XL.  That having been said, I am considering a medium, used from a relative, which I would most often use for meat cooks (and just because).
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • BGE4LifeBGE4Life Posts: 34
    I have 2 larges. One at each of our residences.  I have used the egg every day for about 2 weeks and many times twice a day.  I hate cooking in the kitchen and my wife always makes me a happy man...... :)
    ·
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 389

a match made in heaven.............

Can't complain myself wifey and i compliment each other well.  I ilike to cook, so i get the toys.  She gets to tell me how great the food is!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • Tis a three beer story mi Amigo. Hope to tell ya someday

Would love to hear it.

·
    What's the fest down near Temple? On my list for next year

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • What's the fest down near Temple? On my list for next year

Salado. I'll be there. And I Thave been known to sit through 3 beer stories :).

·
    I drink fast, might be five

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I drink fast, might be five

Don't threaten me with a good time. I will take you up on it :))

·
    I'll tell you what! I've been described as a little Canadian raccoon with my legs hanging out of other folk's coolers in the middle of the night searching for beer. DO NOT challenge me! \m/

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    I just got permission to purchase a second egg!!!!!!   I will probobly build the table myself and wait until next summer to make the purchase.   Now I need to decide what size to get.     I already have an XL so I am thinking medium or large
    Sorry Cen Tex jacked your thread

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I'll tell you what! I've been described as a little Canadian raccoon with my legs hanging out of other folk's coolers in the middle of the night searching for beer. DO NOT challenge me! \m/

That just tells me you didn't bring enough beer, but I do like your moxy.

·
  • NewportlocalNewportlocal Posts: 474

B-)

+3 mine too, but it took quite a bit of saki and beer.
    And congratulations on permission to get another egg.
    ·
    I can only fly with so much. I have a rule: Never drink more than you can carry

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I can only fly with so much. I have a rule: Never drink more than you can carry

Fair enough. I have spent some hilarious evenings with little Canadian raccoons. I count them among the best nights of my life. I look forward to adding to that legacy. >:)

·
    It's a date. Try and limit your thread jacking in future though :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • It's a date. Try and limit your thread jacking in future though :D

sweet jebus. I can get this treatment at home

·
    Don't talk to me about home. It was a stinkin' Sandra Bullock fest tonight. I just wanted to watch the hockey game

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Don't talk to me about home. It was a stinkin' Sandra Bullock fest tonight. I just wanted to watch the hockey game

good lord man. she lives in my town and I didn't even know such a fest existed (and I'm thankful i don't)

You win

·