Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Trailer Hitch

fiver29fiver29 Posts: 419
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Anybody have experience using this?  Does it work?  I'm guessing it does.  I would just worry bumps might crack the egg.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

·

Comments

• fiver29fiver29 Posts: 419
    So no one has bought one of these?
    Strongsville, Ohio

[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Don't have one....but the distributor rep down here in Central Texas had one loaded up at last year's Texas Eggfest. He drove from Dallas with no problems on the cracking front. Pretty cool rig, but pricey!
    ·
    About how much do they run?  Thanks!  

I hope they too crazy.  But knowing how they price everything else I think I know the answer to that 
    :)
    Strongsville, Ohio

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,782
    A guy here posted they run about what a XL egg costs. I would be concerned about cracks, but if they're selling it they must protect against that? Maybe? Hopefully? Lol
    ·
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    edited June 2012
    I would rather put the money towards a smaller unit or spend $30 on a PotLifter and put it in bed of truck. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
    ·
    Ahhh, that's what I was afraid of.  

Looks like I won't be getting one of those.
    Strongsville, Ohio

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    I would rather put the money towards a smaller unit or spend $30 on a PotLifter and put it in bed of truck. 
    I have a pot lifter and although it makes carrying your egg easier, it still sucks trying to move your egg. Me personally, I'm terrified of humpty dumptying mine. GASP!
    ·
  • I bought one of these a few years back when they were $299:

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/accessories/keg/hitch-adapter-kit.html

The bubba keg kamado came with it for free ;). Easy to load and travel with, won't crack either. I leave the eggs at home.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·