Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Wanna see my meat?

acracr Posts: 27
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

don't all click at once...

I'm planning a brisket for dinner tomorrow (today is saturday for those of you reading this in the future)... this cut is about 6.5lbs, straight from the butcher...

My plan is to throw this on the egg at about midnight, after stabilizing it at 250ish.  If we're looking at 2hrs/lb that would mean I'm looking at 1 or 2 pm, which I think is ok if we want to eat at 5 or 6 right? I'll wrap and cooler it. Does that meat-math work out?  My concern is what if it's done sooner?  If this thing ends up being done at 9am that's a pretty long wait until dinner time (we're expecting company so we can't make it lunch)

Am I completely over thinking this? 

As an aside, I typically think things will take less time than they do, last time I cooked pulled pork I would have sworn it would have been done at noon and was getting anxious that it would be too early.  At 330, I had to bump the temp to get it done for dinner!  I completely accept the fact that I don't know what I'm doing :)

Comments