Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Need some help fellow eggers with my boston butt....

ShahdawayShahdaway Posts: 3
edited June 2012 in Pork
Hey all, I am cooking to 6.5 pound boston buts.  I put them on at 10:30 last night, and set temp to 240.  Have ET-372 and it went out of range and when I woke up at 8 morning the egg was at 275 and internal temp is at 190.  Party isn't until 4-5.  What do I do?   It hasn't reached internal temp of 195 so I shut down egg (closed all vents) to let it cool down.  Going to try and get it re-stabilized at 220 and let it finish that way?   Will that take to long and dry it out???  Should i just keep cooking at 240 and let it hit 195?  If it is ready before this early, I have no idea what to do......

Comments