Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Minute Thrown Together Stir Fry

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

It already feels like summer is bearing down on us here in Dallas. I don't know how many more nights Mrs. G and I will be able to come home and sit on the patio and have a drink and discuss our day while the dogs play in the yard. Soon its going to be too hot for that. After the rain the previous night and most of yesterday, it was a nice 77ish degrees outside so we took advantage of it....so much so we totally forgot about planning or making dinner. Once we got hungry, it was a quick look through the fridge and pantry to see what we could scrounge up and we decided on some stir fy. No recipe, nothing fancy, just what we had on hand. WE had the dome stabilized at 550 F before we started, FYI.

The cast of characters

Is this what they mean by wok hay (breath of wok)?

I might have gone overboard with the Sriracha and Chili Garlic, but we wouldn't know that till later.

Finished up

And plated on some rice with some eggrolls

For a last minute cook, it wasn't half bad.  A bit on the spicy side, but still better (and cheaper) than if we would have ordered in.

Also, this was the first time I used RO red bag that I got from Walmart. I have always been told that RO, Kroger and Big Green Egg are the same. It seemed like this stuff came up to temp a whole bunch quicker, like 400F in 5 minutes and seemed like it burned a lot cleaner with less smoke. Can't wait to use it again to see if that was true or my imagination. If so, I might switch over and start using this stuff more.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments