Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GrillMates Rock

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those of you with small eggs, I highly recommend you look into the product produced by our own "Chubby" (Evans Tabor).[p]Tonight was my first real cook using them and the results were great. I Purchased the deluxe set offer a few additional options and I just don't have the words to describe my enthusiasm.[p]Thanks Chubby ... I am one happy customer![p]Smokey

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Smokey,
    Hey Damon....I told him that folks were going to love them....Believe me now Chubby? BTW,...he's a great guy, too boot![p]Mike

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Yep, I concur. GrateMates Rock!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    [p]Please...stop it!![p]You're embarrassing me!![p]On a side note....[p]I realize I was willing to pay you two "big bucks" for complimentary posts in the beginning, but this constant "trolling for dollars" has got to stop"!![p]Quit it now!!....I have no more money!![p]
    On a note from the other side...[p]I really...really do appreciate the kind words!![p]You two are (pardon the pun)..."Good Eggs"!![p]Thanks again!![p]Evans[p]PS...Ok "Obie Juan-Ranger"...I will say it publicly..[p]"You are the: [p]all knowing....[p]all seeing....[p]everpresent... [p]BBQ Impliment & Eggmaster"!![p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Ed...Congrats on the closing!![p]As always, your kind words, and "It Rocks" rating...are
    truely appreciated!![p]
    I hope you still say that once you get the bill!![p]LOL[p]PSS..."Mr.Ed" says hes in for A Mini "MeisterFest" (later this summer) ...now the official name!!

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Smokey, somewhere I missed out on these. tell me what they are and what they do. Thanks.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Wise One,[p]His site is not yet up, but contact Evans Tabor gratemates@sbcglobal.net.
    GrateMatesE-Flyer.jpg

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Smokey,
    I've provided Chubby with a page on my website. You can either click on his ad at the top of my pages when it appears or go here:[p]TNW

[ul][li]Grate Mates[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • ThrRoff
    ThrRoff Posts: 169
    Options
    Smokey,
    Are the grill mates only made for small eggs or are they also made for the large egg?

• PRobinson
    PRobinson Posts: 74
    Options
    ThrRoff,[p]It compensates for the lack of a "platesetter" for the small which could be used for "indirect" cooking. Also, it allows for direct cooking a bit further from the fire then placing the grill rack directly on the fire-ring. I have used both sets (different lengths) included in the deluxe grillmate set. In my opinion, it is definitely the best accessory available for the small egg.
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Thanks. We closed and opened the tap on my new kegerator. It was a good day.[p]Hmmm. Mini MiesterFest, September 16-18, Lake Travis, Austin, TX......It has a ring. Cool! You, Sandbagger, Mr. Ed are confirmed so far. Hopefully Senor Heuvaovs will join us and a few more. I can fit plenty on the boat.[p]Mini MeisterFest......Hmmmmm

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Chubby
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]I'll be leaning on Car Wash Mike!![p]you're up late!![p]Evans