Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ain't no thang but a chicken Wang 2

The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Did some simple wings tonight with Tsunami Spin and glazed with Salt Lick Sauce (magic on yard bird and ribs)

325 indirect for 20-30 min. Flipped once, glazed both sides

A little side of corn and Hericot Verts with bacon (mmmm, bacon).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Guess they turned out ok :)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• Flamethrower
    Flamethrower Posts: 493
    An aweful lot of meat left on dem bones
    LET'S EAT
  • An aweful lot of meat left on dem bones

Those were the kid's :).
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    looks mighty good. Where did the golden color come from? Did you swab with mustard?
    Eggo in N. MS
  • looks mighty good. Where did the golden color come from? Did you swab with mustard?

That's the salt lick sauce. It's very unique and has a yellowish tint (not mustard though)

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    OMG that looks good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• OMG that looks good.

Super easy Mickey. The salt lick on chickens is so good it's almost not fair.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Is there just one sauce?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Is there just one sauce?

Ooh, good call. Get the original. They make a spicy too but just get original salt lick sauce. The spicy does not even taste the same.
  • Looks awesome. Agree that the Salt Lick sauce is very unique. I recently found that they sell both Salt Lick sauces and rubs at my local HEB.

Was that indirect or raised direct?
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    C-T That is a my fine looking meal you cooked.  Wangs and eggs make a great combination.  We have tried the SL Spicy and original, but my still favorite got to sauce is both of the Bone Suckin Sauces
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
     We have tried the SL Spicy and original, but my still favorite got to sauce is both of the Bone Suckin Sauces
    My, and Mrs' favorite as well, but now I have to look for that Salt Lick original.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  •  We have tried the SL Spicy and original, but my still favorite got to sauce is both of the Bone Suckin Sauces
    My, and Mrs' favorite as well, but now I have to look for that Salt Lick original.

It's on line. Get the rub too. On ribs and chicken they are magic together. The rub is too spicy for my youngest (has lots of black pepper any cayenne) but used in moderation with the sauce........money.
  • Looks awesome. Agree that the Salt Lick sauce is very unique. I recently found that they sell both Salt Lick sauces and rubs at my local HEB.

Was that indirect or raised direct?

Indirect. The details of the cook are in the post.

Use the rub and sauce together. Especially on ribs and chicken.
  • C-T That is a my fine looking meal you cooked.  Wangs and eggs make a great combination.  We have tried the SL Spicy and original, but my still favorite got to sauce is both of the Bone Suckin Sauces

It was so simple I almost didn't post it but I guess that's the point right? I does not have to be hard to do really good food.

Now that Travis told me I could get bone sucking sauce at a liquor store (Spec's) instead of having to darken the door of a cracker barrel, I'm going to get some today. Where do you get yours (and I apologize if it's Craker Barrel :))

• Duke_sta
    Duke_sta Posts: 26
    What is a tsunami spin Tex?
  • Duke_sta
    Duke_sta Posts: 26
    Sorry for placing my question in your quote. But I'm not familiar with a tsunami spin, can you explain?
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I could go for a plate of that right about now. I need to try that tsunami spin.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    What is a tsunami spin Tex?

From Dizzy Pig.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • Sorry guys: Brian is correct- it's a rub from Dizzy Pig. Really good stuff and perfectly spiced for all palettes. My kids love it and so do we. 

All their stuff is really good. If you don't know about DP, it's time to get on board (and no, there is not actual gold in the bottles, it is only priced as such)

• Austin  Egghead
    C-T That is a my fine looking meal you cooked.  Wangs and eggs make a great combination.  We have tried the SL Spicy and original, but my still favorite got to sauce is both of the Bone Suckin Sauces

It was so simple I almost didn't post it but I guess that's the point right? I does not have to be hard to do really good food.

Now that Travis told me I could get bone sucking sauce at a liquor store (Spec's) instead of having to darken the door of a cracker barrel, I'm going to get some today. Where do you get yours (and I apologize if it's Craker Barrel :))

C-T Spec's next to Sam's on 71/290 has Bone Suckin and so does Central Market at Westgate.  Those are my sources. Sometimes found at HEB at Y and the HEB at Bees Cave .   
  • C-T That is a my fine looking meal you cooked.  Wangs and eggs make a great combination.  We have tried the SL Spicy and original, but my still favorite got to sauce is both of the Bone Suckin Sauces

C-T Spec's next to Sam's on 71/290 has Bone Suckin and so does Central Market at Westgate.  Those are my sources. Sometimes found at HEB at Y and the HEB at Bees Cave .   
    Cool that's my part of town and my local HEB. We'll track it down

Thanks!

• Austin  Egghead
    So you are part of the hood.  You in Circle C?  Lots of eggers down here.  There are two of us on our street and 2 others in the around the block.  
  • No. I'm in lakeway.