Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Opinions on the DIGIQ DX2 temp control?

impag10impag10 Posts: 58
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Is there any difference between the big green egg one and the regular brand one?  A local store has it for $299, is that a good price or know of any good deals online?
·

Comments

• Jonathan1970Jonathan1970 Posts: 103
    I saw the DigiQ dx2 for $279 at Brooks and Collier, Huntsville AL.
    ·
  • impag10impag10 Posts: 58
    Unfortunately I'm in Rhode Island.......do you know if you end up paying more for the "BGE" name compared to others I have seen
    ·
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    Normally the digi direct from the gurus comes in at about 285-290
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    You will pay more for the BGE name. That's a given. There is a dealer on the Bay that has the DigiQ DX II for $279 shipped.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
    ·
  • Jonathan1970Jonathan1970 Posts: 103
    Agree with Sgt93. You pay more for BGE. I'm looking to buy myself, but didn't pull the trigger because I kind of like the Stoker WiFi. Still researching because Stoker runs close to $400.
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    The BGE model was $30 more than the factory model.  Exact same specs, plus the dealer said it would take two weeks to get one.

I ordered from manufacturer and they shipped the same day.

Have really enjoyed using it. 
    ·
    Agree with Sgt93. You pay more for BGE. I'm looking to buy myself, but didn't pull the trigger because I kind of like the Stoker WiFi. Still researching because Stoker runs close to $400.
    I'm looking at the Stoker and the CyberQ myself.  I keep waiting for more reviews. One day I am leaning towards the Stoker and the next the CyberQ. I like the ramp down feature of the Q as well as the non "CB radio" look of it LOL. I think the best buy is the DigiQ DX II though for $279. I would like to have the WiFi capabilities though.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    ·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    Is there any difference between the big green egg one and the regular brand one?  A local store has it for $299, is that a good price or know of any good deals online?
    In the theme of Cen-Tex, the BGE version is faster because it's green.  I have the BGE version, but I'm waiting for the super fast flame version to come out to match my new Thermapen.  BTW -- the BGE version may cost more, on average, but I got mine for about the same as if ordering directly from BBQ Guru.  In stock, at my dealer.  Just happened to be at the right place/right time I guess.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • impag10impag10 Posts: 58
    Great after looking at the cyberQ now I want that!  3 meat temps is sweet.  Anyone know someone who actually has it?
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I have it but I won't be able to get to starting to test it for a while.  I did connect to it via wireless, but haven't tried yet in "infrastructure" mode.  Lots of work to do.....
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
    That guy Fred is a riot. :))
    ·