Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: D-Day Original News Broadcast

Options
stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited June 2012 in Off Topic
I have posted this a few times before on the other forum, thought it mind find some new interest here.

In this day and age of instant information, it's a bit of a revelation to go back and listen to these broadcast reports of D-Day as it was heard and unfolded originally.  Keep in mind that no one other than those Allies directly involved knew it was the 'real' invasion and not a feint.  Even the Germans had no true idea what was happening.  All first reports were from German Radio out of Berlin, and could have been propaganda as far as listeners in the US knew. 

If you want, you can listen to the entire broadcast day.  I dunno.  It still makes the hairs of my neck stand up when listening to it.

You may need to try a few file types.  This is a legit website.  No 'virus' fears.  Click:>>> HERE

There were bigger battles, and more important ones, but D-Day was perhaps the most anticipated action of the entire war, and its success or failure was in the balance, and unknown, for far longer than I think anyone could really stand today.
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments