Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Doorbell Rang

Options
Grumpa
Grumpa Posts: 861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was working on the new sound system in the den after dinner tonight when, the doorbell rang. My wife appears and tells me to see who is at the door. I reluctantly got up from the floor to obey the boss's order. Upon opening the door I found Smokin' Eddie from BGE headquarters standing in the door grinning from ear to ear. I was informed that he had my birthday present in the back of his truck. I went running out the door to see what they were talking about. My wonderful wife had worked out the details to have a "Small" delivered to my doorstep complete with it's own nest and slider/daisy cap. [p]Move over JJ, C~W, NB and all you other multi-egg owners. I hope the club has room for one more.[p]I will update the picture in my profile in the next few days to show how well it fits under my "Egg Roof". Meanwhile I'm planning on what to cook first in the new addition for tomorrow's birthday dinner.[p]Told y'all I was married to one of the world's most wonderful Ladies.[p]

Comments

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    bob,[p]happy birthday - we use the small as much as the large - great gift - enjoy

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Bob, happy birthday - what can I say, Life is GOOD! Have a great day tomorrow.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Bob,
    Yep. We got room for another!!
    Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy BIRTHDAY dear smokin bob (Bob), Happy freakin small green birthday to yooooooooWhoooo![p]Give that wonderful lady a big hug, and enjoy your new addition! Good luck getting an intentional WHOOF out of junior. Not as easy as you are used to.[p]HBD
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Bob,[p]Wow, what a terrific gift! You'll love the small - it's outstanding for high-temp grilling & can do low 'n' slow too.[p]Happy Eggin' Birthday -[p]Cathy
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Bob, Wow...Happy Birthday toooooooo you! What a great present. Sure hope ol Smokin Eddie stayed for beer and lunch. Your gonna love that little rockin egg. Now I gotta e.mail ya and let ya in on my new idea...![p]Well...maybe![p]Enjoy...and your right,,I checked your profile again to make sure we had the same Bob, and its there in black and white. "Worlds Most Wonderful"[p]Cya my friend...and again..Happy Birthday!!
    C~W[p]
    You will have to take back your Smoking Iron again. Nuther Bob here now.[p]

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    Bob,
    With a wife like that, your are in "fat city"! Hold on to her for all you've got![p]BTW, you're gona love having (2) of them little buggers! Now you'll get serious and start dreaming up ways to use "both" Eggs! It's a fun process too! Sometimes I start dreaming about what I'm gona cook on the SmBGE and progress to the Med and on to the Large! The possibilities are endless!
    Congradulations, and happy brithday! "You're only as young as you feel!"[p]Dr. Chicken

• The Colonel
    Options
    Bob, Have your wife contact mine and give her all the details. My birthday is the 23rd of July and she needs some neat ideas to brighten my day and put food on the table.
    Happy birthday
    yours in the egg--The Colonel

• Grumpa
    Options
    Everyone,[p]Thanks for the Birthday wishes.[p]I really look forward to using Junior in combination with Papa to expand upon my cooking ventures.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    myegg2.jpg
    <p />Bob,[p]You will like the additon of the small - I use mine 90% of the time. I use to use 20lb of lump per month and now its more like 8lbs a month. I only wish the little guy could say "ahhhh" with a wider mouth. I wish I had a roof over them too.[p]Tim
  • Grumpa
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Interesting that you bring up the wider mouth concept. I was looking at that minor drawback this morning before heading to the office. I may have to consider some modification ideas in that area as the large has me spoiled on that locking back hinge. I, like you, will most likely use the small the majority of the time since it is just me and the wife now most of the time. I also like the idea of the lower fuel consumption.[p]Happy B'day to ya, Tim[p]Bob

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Bob,[p]I will bet the BGE has a locking band for the small soon. [p]Tim
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Tim M,[p]An auto locking band for the small would be a dream come true.[p]Hope all is well.[p]Puj
  • Billy
    Billy Posts: 68
    Options
    Tim M,
    I posted a few days ago asking for advice about putting a patio umbrella over my table. I just put a 9 foot umbrella ($29.95) over my table using a U-bolt in the side of my table, with the bottom in a standard umbrella holder. It works great and actually looks good too. Going by the picture of your setup in this post, I would mount an umbrella using a U-bolt on the top and bottom rails of your deck. It may not be as good as a roof over your eggs, but it really works well, and beats standing in the rain while tending to a slow cook, not to mention keeping the rain out of the chimney when cooking with no top. I am very happy with mine. ( It rains every day now in Wis. and I have used it twice already). Billy